Stayed at the Lyrath Hotel for one night, my wife was attending a conference there the next day. We were not exactly sure what to be expecting when we arrived but were more than impressed! The driveway up to the hotel is lovely and then there were 3 lovely labradors near the hotel entrance like a pride of lions (but very friendly ones). We were welcomed at our car by the porter who opened the car door for my wife and offered to park the car for us (very unexpected)! At check-in again we were welcomed and the porter then helped us with our bags and brought us to our room. The room (322) was new and you could still smell the new carpet smell in the corridor. He offered to show us the facilities in the room and was most pleasant. The room had some lovely toiletries and the towels and robes were fresh and didnt seem at all tired (as mentioned by another reviewer). We went to the pool which although small, we had it to ourselves for the most part. Theres a jacuzzi, which if there had have been more than the two of us might have been a bit tight. The steam room is the same, but like i say, it wasn't busy. The decor thoughout the hotel is very nice and its all seems very new. We went to Yindees - the Thai restaurant, for a meal, and the staff were friendly enough and appropriately attentive (although it was a bit expensive - but then maybe not too much for 5 star). Breakfast was lovely and there was a huge variety of choice.
I could not recommened this hotel enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre