Myself and my friend spent a very relaxing afternoon at the spa. Check in was faultless and we were shown to the White Room for afternoon tea. The view from the window was beautiful and will be even better when the new walkways that are in progress are finished. Service was very efficient and our only small complaint of the whole day was that even though I had told the receptionist when I booked over a week previous that I was wheat intolerant there was no bread for a sandwich or a scone. What I got was delicious but had I not had a light lunch before I arrived I would have been very hungry. My friends afternoon tea was delicious and both were presented beautifully. We then were shown to the spa and started to relax. We visited it the hydro therapy pool with its open air views, the sauna and steam room. The relaxation room was just that relaxing, no loud talking, soft music, even softer sofas and plenty of reading material. All too soon we were called for our treatments, me for a neck, shoulder and back massage and my friend for a facial. We had a choice of one of either a massage, facial, foot treatment or Indian Head massage. The staff were friendly and efficient and everything ran smoothly.
The afternoon tea and treatment was great value for money at €50 per person. We left relaxed and renewed. We hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre