“Lovely hotel”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have stayed in Lyrath a number of times, and never been disappointed.
the rooms are lovely, the food is very good. The last time I was in Lyrath, a member of our large party fell ill. The staff couldn't do enough for us. They accommodated us in every way, cooking fresh dinners for all of us, and offering late check out the following day.

The reason I have given a rating of 4 as opposed to 5, is that the service in the bar is very, very slow. This has been the case every time I have stayed in the Lyrath hotel. The last time I was there, the person behind the bar kept looking over at me and turning away. it was not until I gave a look of extreme annoyance, and told him I was going into town to get a drink that I actually got served. With a smile and an apology. The bar was not even busy!

I will be back, its a gorgeous hotel in a gorgeous location.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica H
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Monica H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. I'm very proud of my team for the manner in which they assisted in the ill party member.

I'm delighted to hear you will be back to us and if there is anything further we can do to make your future stay more memorable please do not hesitate to contact us.

There are newer reviews for Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visited the Lyrath this weekend for the 2nd time, although it was 2 years since our last visit. Unfortunately due to the bad weather, the grounds were not in great condition, which limited the outside walks, but this did not impact greatly on our stay.
What made it for us this visit, was the excellent staff. Service was outstanding and to my mind that is a huge bonus and makes a difference on the quality of the stay. From the concierge who greeted us as we passed, the exceptional receptionist (I didn't get her name - but she has long blonde hair - her customer service skills were fantastic) to the cleaning staff; all were friendly and welcoming without being over the top.
Our room was clean and comfortable, although there was no fridge which I seemed to remember we had the last time. Food was excellent and there was a young man waiting on us for breakfast who made a point of introducing himself to our young son (again can't remember his name!), but these details really make a difference.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear AngeldaisyLimerick,

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed in the hotel with my husband for 1 night and i have to say this was the most relaxing time we had for a long time.We have a one year old baby so this was the first time away only two of us.We arrived early and very helpful receptionist checked us in.
We got an upgrade to executive room with balcony which made us feel special :-)
Room itself was very spacious and clean.
After check in we went for lunch.We both had a cesar salad with spiced chicken which was delicious. Then we had massages in the spa.I have to say Cora was great and we left very relaxed.
For dinner we went to Yindees.Food was really tasty.We both love Thai food so we really enjoyed it.
There is a cinema room in the hotel so we decided to go there to watch some movie.They have a good selection of movies as well.
I have to say that staff was really friendly, helpful and smiling all the time.
We would love to come back there for our anniversary next year with our baby because they have facilities to suit children of all ages.
ill definitely be reccommending this hotel to our family and friends

Room Tip: Executive rooms are beautiful and spacious!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marta S

Dear venus810530,

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. Cora is a huge asset to our Oasis Spa team and she was delighted to hear such positive feedback.

I am also delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here Thursday 6th March for a 1 night break. While the hotel is very plush the price of a glass of wine is outrageous!!!! We were having lunch as the room wasn't ready and decided to have a glass of wine each which lead to a second glass each. With 3 starters off the lunch menu in the bar it cost €68 with 4 glasses of wine. I can get a bottle of Pinot Grigio for €8.30 which is what it cost for 1 glass!!!!!!!!!! . The bed also was not very comfortable considering it is supposed to be a 5 star hotel you would think you'd get a comfortable bed. While the staff were all pleasant I asked when checking in about using the spa and was told that I'd have to ask the spa direct which is fair enough but again it being a 5 star I'd expect a little bit more friendliness from the check in desk. The food was really really good but again €8.30 for a glass of wine is disgraceful !!!!! Won't be back

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank CGriffin73
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear CGRIFFIN73,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor

I am sorry that certain aspects of your visit were not entirely to your satisfaction. We are grateful for your candid and detailed feedback and in my capacity as general manager I would welcome the opportunity of discussing all aspects of your feedback in more detail.

We are all comitted to focussing on areas where standards are percieved to have been weak and you have my strongest personal assurance that we react positively an decisively in this aim.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to being in touch with you in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and young daughter.

Room was very spacious and I loved the bathroom with separate toilet and walk in shower. Lovely views from rooms. All mod cons and a touch of luxury.

All staff were helpful and courteous and friendly, reception staff all seemed very happy!

We ate in both the bar and the La Perla restaurant. Due to my daughter being 3 we had to have an early dinner which was OK however the restaurant was completely empty at 6.30 and therefore lacking in atmosphere.

The food was really excellent quality no complaints at all. Restaurant also serves a separate children's menu which is a nice touch.

Breakfast the next morning was also of excellent quality , missing some touches perhaps in comparison to other 5 star's I have stayed in, e.g pancakes omlettes made fresh, soy milk etc... however it was of a very good standard.

We explored the grounds and lake areas which are beautiful and well maintained. Plenty of walking to be done here. Walled garden is beautiful and lovely little kids playground.

Turn down service at night which is a lovely touch, milk and cookies for kids too.
I didn't use the spa so cannot comment on it.

My only gripe was the fact that it was more expensive in the bar for a non alcoholic beer than it was for an alcoholic beverage a real bugbear of mine, otherwise it was a great stay and we would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Twinklesplodge,

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to the team who have asked to be assocaited with my thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night foe an anniversary.
Upgraded to an Executive double on the fourth floor.
Would not hesitate to return.
Just FYI a taxi from hotel to Kilkenny is 8-10 euros each way.
Stupid minimum characters rule !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trip

Dear Trip

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

stayed here last night and as always I left feeling rested and relaxed. The spa is just to die for and breakfast this morning was sublime. Can't wait to come back again for another visit. Keep up the great work guys

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends