Lyrath Estate
$164
Hotels.com
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
$192
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$192
  • Restaurant
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$191
$185
$309
$271
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$165
$154
Travelocity
$175
$158
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,630 results
All reviewsla perlatuppers barthai restaurantyindees restaurantthermal suiteoasis spahydrotherapy poolold houseexecutive roomafternoon teaturn down serviceon arrivalrelaxation roomstar experiencelovely groundsmain restaurantspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent a weekend recently in Lyrath and I must say that I was impressed from the first minute we entered the hotel. We were given an upgrade (for some reason) and our room was beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. The food was very good and the staff were wonderful. I really enjoyed the few days there and I would recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade and our room was very quiet although there ws a wedding on each day
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Anne B

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here over the Xmas period for a night. I must say some of the features of the hotel are exceptional! The rooms are great, the staff are great. The spa was a little bit of a let down. The bar upstairs closed way to early. No tv or entertainment in the late bar downstairs. The big let down was the amount of screaming kids around with no order on them. It was like being in a crèche, not a relaxing break away. Overall I don't feel you get value for the very high price you pay. However I would like to finish on a positive note and say that the Irish restaurant in the hotel was fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My friends and I enjoyed a 1 night spa break including afternoon tea. Our massages were wonderful. The spa area is very relaxing, especially the semi outdoor pool. The staff are friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent place to stay not far from Kilkenny!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear NiabhHL

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just back home after a wonderful stay in this superb hotel. As guests at a wedding on New Years Day, we were so impressed with the staff, the beautiful room and the amazing food. My 3 year old son loved the complimentary cookie & milk at bedtime. We will return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Steve W

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a midweek break at the Lyrath Hotel over Christmas (two nights + 1 dinner). We recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a good quality hotel that is secluded but still within easy reach of Kilkenny City.

We liked the welcome and overall friendliness of the staff; the high-quality and spacious interiors; the very comfortable bed in our very comfortable room; the free wifi; the lovely shower; and the beautiful swimming pool. Those features make the Lyrath a very good hotel.

We were less impressed with the quality of the food (it's good...but not great) and the prices in the spa. We felt as well that the hotel could do more to make the grounds accessible to walkers and runners.

We would definitely stay at the Lyrath again. We recommend it for couples, small groups, families, and anyone who wants to relax in quiet surroundings. Do bear in mind, however, that Lyrath is a wedding reception venue...check to see if there's a wedding planned if you really want a quiet break.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple