“Jim P Lovely Weekend stay”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Jim P Lovely Weekend stay”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Lyrath hotel last weekend and I must say it was very pleasant. We were greeted with a very friendly and helpful staff and our luggage was taken to our room by a very nice porter called Tom. Our room was lovely. Very big and spacious with a huge bed and lovely bathroom also a great country side view. The spa was great and my Mrs really enjoyed it. The restaurant (La Perlas) was very nice and we both thought our meals were lovely and the service was great. In the mornings the breakfast was excellent too with plenty of choice. Over all I can say that out stay was very pleasant and I would defiantly recommend this lovely countryside retreat to anyone. Very nice staff and felt very welcomed. A very nice weekend.

Room Tip: We asked for a nice room and we were not disappointed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James P
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Jim P

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Nantwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights recently, for a friends party! Not been this looked after at hotel in years! The receptionist Who i think was called Cara was a real help, and very professional! The food was 10/10 couldn't ask for more, with excellent service! Terry the manager was looking after us,making sure we had everything we needed! The bed rooms were brilliant for our delicate heads the next day! Just a shame we only stayed for 2 nights, Would recommend this place over anywhere in Kilkenny! Thanks again to all the staff for making my friends birthday one to remember!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fraser L
Dear Fraser L

Ruabon, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was visiting Ireland with my better half for a friends wedding and couldn’t not get a room at the place I usually stay, so one of my friends suggested the Lyrath Estate. I don't think I could thank my friend enough!!

The estate and the building are amazing, picturesque and beautiful and the staff are so friendly is it untrue, full Irish hospitality, with a special mention to Tom the doorman and Jess on reception who honestly could not do enough for us.

Highly recommended and will now always be my first choice! I hope to see you all again soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott K
Dear Scott K

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much to Gill and Dervla ( Lyraths wedding coordinators) and your team who made our day even better then we expected. There was not one hippcup the whole day, everything ran so smoothly. You guys are such professionals and we are so happy we chose to have our wedding in the Lyrath. Everything ran so seamlessly the whole night, thanks to all of Lyraths' staff from the general events manager Ian and all the waiters and waitresses who did a fantastic job and always had a smile on their faces. The chefs who served the most delicious food, the barmen who served until 6am!!! Thanks to the reception staff who were all so friendly and also thanks to Terry who was always on hand to help us throughout the weekend.
My guests had such a fantastic time, they raved about every aspect of the hotel. No doubt reservations will be getting a lot more bookings in the near future from our guests, especially the guests who got the free upgrades! The children had such a great time too, when my sister told my niece on Monday they had to go home, she turned to her and said "I am home Mommy?!".
So thank you again, you really made our day so special. We're already looking forward to our anniversary stay next year!
Mr & Mrs Lee

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding celebrations with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your very kind comments to Gill and Dervla and the rest of the team.

Cork
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently returned from a 2 night stay in Lyrath. We booked a midweek special which I felt was good value. The hotel room was spacious. My only disappointment was as a twin room it was a double and single bed. In a 5 star I was expecting 2 double beds and the room was big enough but this is a small detail. The beds were comfortable and room well equipped. There was water in the room which is a nice touch. Turndown service also topped up water if necessary which was appreciated. There were plenty of towels, etc in the bathroom. We ate in Tuppers the first night which I felt was a little over priced but the food quality was very good. We had dinner in La Perla the second night as part of our deal. Food and service was excellent. Room sound proofing was great. I heard nothing from the rooms around us. Breakfast was also good. We enjoyed our stay overall.
My one complaint about Lyrath is the spa. It is not up to standard. This was my second time at the spa. I was extremely disappointed with it 2 years back so said I would give it a second chance. They just lack attention to detail completely. The relaxation room was not kept tidy and clean. There were blankets thrown around and empty glasses left for long periods. No hot water for herbal teas. My treatment this time was lovely. The therapist as good which was the only redeeming factor really. Lyrath really need to concentrate on bringing this up to scratch. I had booked a treatment so was able to use the facilities but I can not see how they can justify a €15 charge for guests to use it. There is very little to use in the thermal suite really for that cost.

Dear Josie TT

I also note that there were two areas of your stay that you felt required additional attention. I would really like to discuss these points with you personally, please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ok so I stayed in the Lyrath hotel last weekend 15/11/13. We were a booking of six adults, five of whom were staying for two nights b&b with one dinner and a 30min spa treatment which was excellent value. I stayed for one night b&b with dinner which was also good value.
When we arrived to the room we discovered that although we had stated that we were booking triple rooms what we got was a double bed and a single. I would have thought that a 5star hotel would not expect adults to share beds also we paid for three beds.
On questioning the lady at reception she confirmed that yes it was booked as three adults and that they just presumed that because we were girls we would share a bed. I'm sorry BUT not good enough!!
She did offer to check for a room with three beds but at this point we were getting ready to go to the termial suite.
On arrival at the termial suite I was charged E15 to use same and no reason for this was given.
Dinner in the Thai resturant lovely and the staff were very nice.
The music in the upstairs bar was excellent as was the smoking area.... But E8 for a glass of house wine!!!!
Breakfast was amazing and the quality and selection of food was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Anname47

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am pleased that you found the team engaging and friendly and the overall service and food quality to be good.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Iain Gray
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend in Lyrath for my hen party a few weeks ago. We had a group of mixed age groups and the hotel had something for everyone. We were greeted by a very friendly door man and reception staff, and the warm welcome was continued over the weekend by the bar, restaurant and spa staff. The chef even came to make sure we had enjoyed our delicious meal in Yindees! I couldn't fault Lyrath. Perfect location for a girly spa weeknd and close to Kilkenny for a few drinks too!! The golden retrievers also made my weekend : )

1 Thank Rachel G
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Rachel G