“Definitely recommend for Hen Party!”
Review of Lyrath Estate

Lyrath Estate
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend in Lyrath for my hen party a few weeks ago. We had a group of mixed age groups and the hotel had something for everyone. We were greeted by a very friendly door man and reception staff, and the warm welcome was continued over the weekend by the bar, restaurant and spa staff. The chef even came to make sure we had enjoyed our delicious meal in Yindees! I couldn't fault Lyrath. Perfect location for a girly spa weeknd and close to Kilkenny for a few drinks too!! The golden retrievers also made my weekend : )

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel G
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Rachel G
Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.
The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout.
I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,552)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here last Sat night [Nov 9 2013] just for an overnight treat with dinner.having stayed here some years ago and being very pleased I was delighted to see that no major changes had taken place,the lobby foyer and check-in area all in immaculate condition.Was met by a very nice doorman who introduced himself as Tom with a nice welcome.Check-in was speedy and efficent and we were directed to our 4th floor executive room,our luggage having been sent ahead of us.
The room itself was super,plenty of space,excellent superking bed and contemporary furniture.Bathroom ,again excellent with nice towels and toilitries.The view from the room was out to country fields,very relaxing and stunning in a morning mist next day.
Dinner in La Perla[main dining room ]was good without being excellent.breakfast was very good with many choices. Spa looked great but my partner was unable to get a treatment on Sat evening or Sunday morning.All in all ,excellent stay and would definitely go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnWexfordIRl

Dear JohnWexfordRI
Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and food and service to be excellent throughout. It is also pleasing to note that you have visited us in the past and found the hotel on you recent visit to be of an equally high standard.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the lyrath estate 3 weeks ago for 2 nights with my family. I gave my feedback in the hotel questionnaire but as I heard nothing back feel that this might be a better forum to give my feedback. The hotel is not of 5 star standard. We felt like we were part of a factory production line from start to finish- get people and get them out. Even the check in by the drafty door gave my a bad sense of the place right from the start. There is no real sense of comfort in the hotel. The level of noise in the bar and restaurant areas was way too high. There was no sense of relaxation. On a positive note, the staff were very nice, the food was good. The grounds were a disappointment as so little has been done with them. It was even hard to find some good walking tracks. All the eating areas are either huge and nosiy (La Perla) or you have sense of being in an airport cafe (Yindees). The main reason for my disappointment was all the great reviews I had seen here. The positive reviews are completely out of line with my experience. Based on my experience I would not recommend this hotel, unless it markets itself as a 4 star hotel and aligns people's expectations accordingly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank helenbor

Dear helenbor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am pleased that you found the team engaging and friendly and the overall service and food quality to be good.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great halloween spent at this hotel with good activities for children. Food very good in both restaurants and room service very accommodating 10/10, and the dogs are so friendly. Should think of doing a kids club all the time

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for extra comfort
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alexcheevers

Dear alexcheevers

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently returned to this,what can only be described as, fabulous hotel! I have stayed there on many occasions including spa trips with my BFF and with my other half, I cannot speak highly enough of it and we all loved it from yindees to la perla, the oasis spa, the rooms, the staff! I've stayed in a few different hotels throughout the country and this by far tops all of them, I just love how welcome and comfortable you are made to feel, from the doorman who is a gentleman to reception to the waiters and waitresses who look after every need! I have never had a bad experience and would recommend The Lyrath estate to anyone that would like a very relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable night away in a beautiful hotel with good food and a few beverages!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Colette T

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in Lyrath for just a 1 night break - the surroundings are nice, and the staff are helpful, but you never really get the feeling that it's a "proper" 5 star - The main reason for that in my opinion is because it isn't - it's s 4 at most - everything is OK - food was nice, rooms are nice, but the levels of service and attention to detail that is available in other 5 stars is missing - having said that it's not priced nearly as high as those, so you can't have it all
We went during mid term, so there was loads of kids running around the restaurant at dinner and again at breakfast - can't be helped - we suspected this might be the case.
Overall would recommend, but not a magical experience, and didn't feel leaving that we'd been truly spoiled - because in truth we hadn't
If i can just mention a previous reviewer stated that she didn't get good service because she didn't tip?? - this in my opinion is preposterous and insulting to the staff - i tipped some and not others and makes no difference.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear paddyh117,

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed recently in Lyrath and it's hard to describe how amazing it was. The room was more than spacious (bathroom with separate shower & bath was huge). Hotel was busy with weddings both days (the room was so quite you wouldn't have known) but the staff were so nice and always said hello. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. went to campagne in kilkenny, it was easy to see why it's a Michelin star restaurant. If I was back again the only thing we wouldn't do is to go to la Perla in the hotel, the was nice but no much better than you'd get in any takeaway. All in all the best hotel i've ever stayed and can't wait to go again. Imust say the version of events stated by 'busy mom' is hard to believe, think she stayed at a different hotel to me!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear thomand2013

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments, to be described as "magic" is praise indeed.