“I love this place!!”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Kildare
“I love this place!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently returned to this,what can only be described as, fabulous hotel! I have stayed there on many occasions including spa trips with my BFF and with my other half, I cannot speak highly enough of it and we all loved it from yindees to la perla, the oasis spa, the rooms, the staff! I've stayed in a few different hotels throughout the country and this by far tops all of them, I just love how welcome and comfortable you are made to feel, from the doorman who is a gentleman to reception to the waiters and waitresses who look after every need! I have never had a bad experience and would recommend The Lyrath estate to anyone that would like a very relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable night away in a beautiful hotel with good food and a few beverages!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Colette T

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Dublin
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in Lyrath for just a 1 night break - the surroundings are nice, and the staff are helpful, but you never really get the feeling that it's a "proper" 5 star - The main reason for that in my opinion is because it isn't - it's s 4 at most - everything is OK - food was nice, rooms are nice, but the levels of service and attention to detail that is available in other 5 stars is missing - having said that it's not priced nearly as high as those, so you can't have it all
We went during mid term, so there was loads of kids running around the restaurant at dinner and again at breakfast - can't be helped - we suspected this might be the case.
Overall would recommend, but not a magical experience, and didn't feel leaving that we'd been truly spoiled - because in truth we hadn't
If i can just mention a previous reviewer stated that she didn't get good service because she didn't tip?? - this in my opinion is preposterous and insulting to the staff - i tipped some and not others and makes no difference.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear paddyh117,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent Visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am pleased that you found the team engaging and friendly and the overall service and food quality to be good.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed recently in Lyrath and it's hard to describe how amazing it was. The room was more than spacious (bathroom with separate shower & bath was huge). Hotel was busy with weddings both days (the room was so quite you wouldn't have known) but the staff were so nice and always said hello. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. went to campagne in kilkenny, it was easy to see why it's a Michelin star restaurant. If I was back again the only thing we wouldn't do is to go to la Perla in the hotel, the was nice but no much better than you'd get in any takeaway. All in all the best hotel i've ever stayed and can't wait to go again. Imust say the version of events stated by 'busy mom' is hard to believe, think she stayed at a different hotel to me!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thomand2013

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments, to be described as "magic" is praise indeed.

Leixlip
Reviewed November 5, 2013

we received a gift of two nights at this beautiful hotel. Our room was very spacious, bright and comfortable. Bathroom facilities were excellent - albeit no facecloth or hair conditioner which was a surprise.
We made the mistake of booking over mid term but in fairness the only thing this impacted was the need to queue for breakfast - once your were seated it wasn't an issue at all. Breakfast selection was very comprehensive, fresh and tasty. We also tried to pack too much into our time in Kilkenny so didnt get to enjoy the hotel, grounds or Spa as much as we would have liked. I will definitely be back with a more relaxed schedule.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Clare H

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I fall in love everytime I stay here!! It is just perfection. everyone in my family has stayed here for romantic getaways and the old world manor style blends perfectly with the modern hotel to suit our very different tastes. Everything in this hotel is amazing from the room, to the food, the staff, the spa and best of all the grounds with the two golden retrievers who just love the cuddles and walks. For a home away from home with luxury at every turn, Lyrath is the only option. Would also just like to say the shock i felt after reading the review from 'busyMum_11' I had to pick my jaw up from the floor - I have never experienced pressure to tip any member of staff or noticed any lingering over my shoulder........maybe this is because I am young and they don't expect tips but I'm pretty sure its just not the case! Looking forward to my next visit already!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelrz
Dear Shelrz

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

Dublin
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went for a girls shopping / overnight stay in Kilkenny & chose Lyrath House to stay. We were given a free upgrade to an Executive room but unfortunately we were not able to stay in this fabulous room as they don't come with twin beds but our room we were changed to was lovely.

Both dinner and breakfast was out of this world, we had dinner in La Perla & cannot recommend it enough.

Staff were very helpful and nice although a little understaffed with a wedding and a pre-wedding dinner happening with the goings on.

The Oasis spa was devine and definately worth a visit after a long day shopping

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Elle1_25Dublin

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Recently stayed overnight at Lyrath, with my husband and friends, to celebrate a birthday. Everything from the moment we checked in, was first class. Staff were friendly and professional. Room was bright, clean and spacious, however, the little touches made our stay. I had asked the hotel, by email, if they could do anything to enhance my friend's stay, as it was her birthday we were celebrating. A handwritten note from the guest services manager, along with chocolates were waiting for her when she arrived in her room. Pool area is bright and clean and the water is warm. Breakfast the next day, while busy, (following a wedding the previous night), was fresh and tasty. The only downside and its very minor, was the bar downstairs had an overwhelming smell of cooking fish (which was obviously on the menu that day), which meant we sat in the reception area while we enjoyed our drink. Overall, a lovely stay, would definitely recommend and will hopefully stay again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends