“Wedding Reception”

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed July 1, 2013

What an AMAZING experience from start to finish. Couldn't compliment the staff, facilities, service, accommodation enough. Each member of staff operates so professionally and yet interact with guests on a personal level without the feeling of intrusion. Massive compliments to Dervla, Gill, Terry, Ian and ALL the staff who made our day so so special. Our guests were raving about everything to do with the Hotel. Many were so mesmerised by this top-class, yet affordable, idyllic location that they are planning a return visit by themselves in the very near future. As for the Bridal suite.......WOW! We visited many hotels in search for THE ONE in which to hold our wedding reception, and just out of curiosity did we venture up the long beautiful winding drive to have a look at the Lyrath Estate Hotel. As soon as we arrived at the main entrance, we were greeted by Tom, the friendliest and most personable doorman I've ever met (and have met quite a few around the world!). I can't explain good enough how lovely the atmosphere felt when we walked in. There are many other hotels of this class where there is an air of pretention about the place, or there is an air of animosity between the various departments within the hotel. Here, I have yet to experience or witness it, and we have been here a numb of times on the run up to the wedding. The food is A1, their kindness, good humour and helpfulness are also A1. I just can't pay enough compliments to the entire establishment. Apologies for the rambling, but it has to be one of the finest hotels in the country, and to all prospective clients for various weddings and other events, you couldn't find a finer establishment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia D
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Patricia D

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Iain Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My Husband and me went on a 2 days deal to the Hotel. The Hotel itself was nice with lovely garden. Our room was lovely with a nice view.

I booked a treatment in the Spa which was the best i ever had. (Levander Dream).

We also had a dinner at the La Perla restaurant where we had the worst dinner in our life.
The seafood starter was not cooked at all. The steak my Husband ordered medium came well done with 2 garnish we couldn't recognise. My fish was ok but it was on an onion garnish mixed with mustard. which was just awful to look at.

Over all i recommend the Hotel and the Spa but please avoid the La Perla Restaurant.

Dear Hajini21

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. We did the " have it all" package which was fantastic value. Food was fabulous as was the room but the highlights had to be cycling around he beautiful grounds and the massage. We really felt like we had a proper weekend away. We will definitely be back

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millyj1975

Dear millyj1975

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lyrath Estate Hotel for 5 days and were so pleased with the service, accommodation and all round welcoming feel.
We were looking to stay near Kilkenny and go horse riding. We struck gold when we picked the Lyrath. A matter of a few minutes from the centre of town and a short distance to the excellent Warrington Equestrian Centre, which they had recommended.
From the moment we pulled up to unload our baggage and were greeted by the charismatic and unbelievably helpful Concierge Ray, we felt that we had made the right choice....
The check in was smooth and Ray was straight there with our bags, up to the room and declined a tip when I offered with a wink and a nod!
The room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Even though we had booked one of the 'Lower Down The Price Range' rooms it had a lovely balcony with great views of the grounds.
We called room service twice and found them quick and helpful.
Breakfast was fantastic. The head waiter, I think his name was Luka, was a top fella. Another real character and another reason why the place has 5 Stars. The staff were extremely attentive, the food was fantastic and the poached eggs to die for!
We ate at the hotel's Thai restaurant. Once again, two very happy customers. Really good authentic Thai food in Ireland..... Who'd have thought!
We booked a twin massage in the hotel's Health Spa. From the Spa reception staff welcome, along the beautifully candlelit walkways and therapy rooms, to the wonderful massages, the incredible, and I mean incredible Hydrotherapy Pool.... and sauna. A wonderful experience.
I could go on and on about things like the free mountain bike use, the lovely grounds to walk in, the great bar and conservatory, but the list would go on.
Thank you Lyrath staff for making it a 5 Star Plus experience. We'll definitely be visiting again

Dear Raya

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed on a Thursday - Friday two night deal and the value for money was brilliant.

The room was great with no complaints. Comfortable and easy and it was cleaned and serviced without any issues.

We had dinner in the La Pearla restaurant on the Friday night. The meal was excellent and we were well tended to but the dessert was absolutely amazing. It was a chocolate marquis and I have not had a nicer sweet ever. The two house bars were also a treat.

We paid a visit to the spa also. Certain aspects of it are 5 star but it falls short on some details such as buttons missing from the tropical shower etc.

The staff throughout were lovely and we felt very at ease.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear seanohealaigh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

It is a pleasure to learn that you felt the service and standards represented great value for money and that you found your accommodation to be of a very high standard throughout. I have passed on your kind comments to Murali and his team in housekeeping. It was also a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed dinner with us in our La Perla restaurant. The chefs were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the dinner with us and in particular the Marquis produced by Igor our pastry chef.

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding the Oasis spa. I agree that there are certain areas that do require my further attention and with this in mind our New Spa Manager who arrives with us this coming week already has a full improvement plan to work on. This area really is an Oasis of peace and quiet and with some minor improvements will be improved further enhancing its already excellent standards.

I have passed on your very complimentary comments to the team here at Lyrath and agree with you that to a fault they are lovely and put all of our valued guests at ease. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hmm...Where to start with the Lyrath. First off, I loved it. The location was fabulous with fields of lush green Irish grass (from all the rain!) there was so much to do, we didn't have to leave the hotel once during our two nights stay, such as walking, cycling, playing with the dogs, swimming pool/sauna, spa, gym, kids activities every day, movies, boating on the lake and the games room (Wii, Xbox, Playstation)

The staff were very helpful and friendly; on arrival and departure the door-man helped us with our luggage and was always happily chatting away to guests. The reception staff were very helpful too. The maids made sure our room was spotless.

On arrival we checked in and got a family suite, which was very spacious and bright with a lovely view of the pond and gardens. The bathroom was nice with a Jacuzzi style bath and a shower. Big wardrobe, big flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facility. The room as lovely :)

The food was delicious. In our hotel package, dinner was include in either La Pearla restaurant or the Yindee's restaurant, in the La Pearla children had to be out by 6pm which was a bit too early for us. We went to the Yindee's restaurant, it was Asian food, they had a kids menu, the food was lovely but the portions were small.

The breakfasts were delicious, it was in the La Pearla restaurant, and they had foods such as;
Cereals (coco-pops, cornflakes, rice crispies, muesili)
Toast (brown & white bread)
Eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles, pancakes etc
Juices (Valencia orange, water, apple, multi etc)
Coffee/tea/hot chocolate

I loved Lyrath and would definitely go back, if had enough money!!

Room Tip: Book activities the day before you want to do them!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Travellingkids1113

Thank you sincerely for taking the time out to share your review with us on Trip advisor, the team at Lyrath are delighted that you enjoyed the experience during your recent visit.

It raised a smile to read that you “loved Lyrath”, a sentiment and feeling shared by many of our valued clients and team members alike, I agree, in short it is simply a lovely place to be with lovely people. Our grounds really are beautiful and there are many activities to keep you occupied during your stay with us, coming into these summer will increase further giving all guests a host of activities to enjoy.

What really does set us apart is of course the dedicated team members who through relaxed and friendly service make all of our valued guests feel most welcome. In sharing your feedback with the team, they have asked that in turn I pass on my thanks for such lovely comments.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy all of our facilities at Lyrath and found the food and service to be first class. I do take on board your comments regarding timings for children dining and also the portion sizes in Yindees restaurant.

I do hope I am able to welcome you back to the Lyrath Estate in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for a night with a 11month old. The room was spacious & really clean. We were putting her to bed and availed of the wind down service which was free milk & cookies delivered to your room & also got a board game
The staff were really friendly on any interaction with them.
We went for breakfast at 7- it was lovely, not drenched in grease. The staff member that was on, a Polish man with brown hair unfortunately don't know his name. He went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. He is a credit to the hotel. He really sealed this trip for us.
Overall would stay here again in a heartbeat but for longer to admire the scenery and use more of the facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Selinab_85

Many thanks for taking the time out to share your review with us on Trip advisor, me and the team at Lyrath are delighted that you enjoyed the experience during your recent visit.

Thank you for choosing us as the location for your recent family break, we were really pleased that you chose us and found the service and standards brilliant throughout. Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, is something we really do focus on in terms of standard and provision and I very pleased that you enjoyed it. I believe that you are referring to Lukas as the team member that looked after you, he is renowned amongst the team and also on trip advisor for the outstanding friendly service he provides; I shared your comments with Lukas and he has asked to be associated with my sincere thanks for such lovely comments.

I do hope I am able to welcome you back personally in the near future for what i can assure you will be an equally enjoyable break.