I found this hotel very pleasant, except for the awful stench inside Tupper's Bar, which I can only describe as a cross between goat's cheese and dirty drains! It really was stomach turning at first, but amazingly I seemed to get used to it, but whatever it is causing that horrible musty smell needs to be sorted! I stayed with two companions for a two night spa package and like I said the hotel was adequate and pleasant, but is not a 5 star, and I am amazed how it got 5 stars if I'm really honest! The rooms were nothing special, although were beautifully clean, and had very soft down pillows which I personally don't like, but also the tv wasn't great, and very awkward to operate, there was no fridge in the room and the tea/coffee tray was to say the least pathetic! Three sachets of decaf coffee and one normal, with three teabags and four mini cartons of uht milk and a few sugar sachets, coupled with the bottles of tepid complimentary water is far short of what you would expect of a 5 star establishment! I really was taken aback at how underwhelming the room was, although the Oasis spa was very nice, but it was expensive enough so it should have been nice! The water was also cut off at about 10 am on our second morning which I found very inconvenient, and the plumbers outside our room door told us we were all informed about this happening as it was to fix a leak, but we honestly knew nothing about it until we tried to flush the toilet and couldn't! Nothing was offered as compensation for the inconvenience either, which I felt was rather bad form!
The meal we had in La Perla restaurant was really enjoyable, but the wine was ridiculously over priced! We also enjoyed the breakfast and found there to be a good range of food on the buffet, but again nothing that shouldn't be expected of a place which is listed as 5 star! I can't say I didn't enjoy my stay here, as it was a nice getaway, but I also cannot say that I would be in any hurry to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre