“Great hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Wexford
“Great hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at Lyrath Hotel and cant wait to return again. Reception staff replied straight away to initial enquiry about rates as I couldnt get a double room on their website. Booking process was made so easy by contacting them direct. We arrived late on Friday night and were checked in straight away without any fuss. We had room service in the room which was superb- we would recommend the burger! We ate in the La Perla restaurant on Saturday night which was excellent as was breakfast on both mornings. This is a lovely hotel which is made even better by the staff. They all seem to really want to be there and have a genuine interest in their customers. The most outstanding part of the stay was when we returned Saturday evening after a days shopping and the carpark was full. We were stopped looking to see where else could we park when a man in a car told us where else we could go to park. He said he was the doorman and had just finished work and said we were welcome to the hotel. We both thought this was such a nice thing to do even though he was on his way home from work at 6:30pm. Because of this staff member and all the others that we came in contact we are now considering having our wedding in the hotel even tough we live over an hour away. We would highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanna H, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Nia1981

Many thanks for the time you have taken to share your feedback on trip advisor following your stay with us the Lyrath Estate in March

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also for the very positive comments that you have shared in recognition of the hospitality offered by the team and standards experienced during your stay with us at Lyrath. I share feedback with the team daily and such positive feedback really is a positive motivation for all.

Our key asset is of course the team, and having been in the industry for the last 22 years I can with confidence say this is the best team I have had the pleasure of working with; as you have highlighted there is a genuine desire amongst the team to go the extra mile, nothing sterile or stuffy, rather more personal and individual in their approach.

I do hope that you are still considering Lyrath as the venue for your wedding, and I would be very happy to discuss your arrangements and personally show you around the facilities; please contact me directly gm@lyrath.com .

Iain Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Louth, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just returned from a girlie weekend in the Lyrath. From the arrival into this grand estate we knew we made the right choice. One thing that stood out above everything else in this hotel was the staff. Every staff member i passed over the course of my few days had a warm smile. They are not "in your face" but always around to help you out if needed and extremely polite.
The lady in Tuppars Bar (mgr/supervisor??) was very friendly.
Check-in and Check-out were flawless with minimal waiting time.
Ray the porter was a cheerful gentleman who fecked our car and brought it around to the front door (nice touch).
Breakfast was divine. Excellent selection and always plenty available even at peak times on Sunday morning.
We dined in Kilkenny city on the first night and then in Yindees in the Lyrath on the Saturday night. The food was of high quality and faultless. Again, the waiting staff were very attentive.
Our rooms were clean, large, great beds (with amazing pillows) over looking the rolling hills. It was a pleasure to wake up and draw back the curtains each morning.

I used the SPA for a treatment. Amy looked after my needs, a young girl, extremely professional and very good at her job. We used the hydro-pool which was so relaxing. If i was to pick flaws in the SPA it would be the "relaxation room". I expected to have lots of lie down beds to snooze on after our treatments but instead the room (which was slightly cool) only offered arm chairs - with no footrests. Our group were disappointed in this feature as having been in other SPAs in Ireland, most of them offer this. But it wouldn't deter me from returning.
I did not use the Health Centre.

Prices for dining in Tuppars bar or Yindees is a little expensive but then this is a 5 star hotel so I would have expected it to be. Best value is to book a package with inclusive meals.

Overall, a thoroughly relaxing weekend in the Lyrath, I am now looking into a return trip with the family next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Jasoph,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Thank you very much for your very kind comments in relation to the team here at Lyrath Estate, such feedback is a huge motivation and reward to the staff and it genuinely does mean a great deal to them all. I do agree with you strongly that the staff make all the difference to the guest experience and in assessing value for money my personal belief is that the service and friendliness of the team is the key deciding factor. We are of course also blessed with a fantastic environment for the team to work within and I also feel this makes a great difference to both the team members and guests alike.

I would also like to thank you for your other kind comments in relation to the good and services provided, again in sharing these comments all concerned have asked to be associated with my thanks. Louise, our spa manager, is currently planning for extra reclining beds for the spa relaxation areas and we hope to have these in place by the end of April; we do recognise the need to enhance the comfort of this area and look forward to seeing the positive benefits for all guests in doing so.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for such lovely feedback, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ran an event for work recently using the Lyrath's Convention Centre. They have fantastic facilities, their staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for us, the food was excellent, seperate car parking for the centre, location is just off the M9, etc. I have stayed in the hotel before and its really lovely, the spa, rooms, staff, food, etc. I would definitely recommend this venue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dubliner 41,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your business trip to the hotel earlier in the month, and I would like to thank you sincerely for the very kind comments you have made in relation to both the facilities and standards, and even more importantly the service provided by the team.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for such positive feedback, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for my best friends hen party.. The hen, her party of merry-women and even the cardboard cutout of her husband-to-be loved every minute – from the décor of the hotel to the friendliness of the staff to the lovely food. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough and will have a well worn path down to Kilkenny to revisit hopefully many many times in the future!

Thanks again.
Julie

PS: tell Ian the night manager that the bride-to-be said thanks for doing the Dirty dancing lift with her on Friday night! Made our weekend! Patrick swayze is alive and well!!! :)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear JulieJu83

The team were all delighted to hear that you all enjoyed the weekend so much and that the party was enjoyed by all, including the virtual husband to be! I have passed on your comments and thanks to all of the team including Iain our resident dance instructor.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have just returned from a reasonably pleasant stay in this hotel with my family. It is an impressive establishment. We had a family room which consisted of a double and single bed, bathroom with separate toilet, bath and walk in shower. The TV had kiddies channels available, however it played up a bit as did the remote control. Having reported this and even after two visits from house keeping, this couldn't be sorted.

Breakfast was in the Italian restaurant and its fabulous, no complaints there what's so ever. Staff very friendly and helpful.

The cinema had three kids movies on in the afternoon which was popular with the kids. Kids can borrow DVD players, DVDs, and games consoles. Brilliant.

Tuppers bar food was slightly above the average in price but still good. Only problem was usual big standard draught beers.

Before my arrival, I enquired as to what beers were available, I was misinformed on this matter but when I took it up with the management, they did try and resolve this issue. However, I was let down on this, but senior management did apologise and went some way to make amends. I have been assured that should I return I will not be dissappointed, so once things have changed, I hope to be invited back.

The X bar was on first viewing an excellent place to relax and watch sport in if only that too had more of an international beer and Irish craft beer selection, however I believe that this will be rectified soon, I hope so. One other issue with this bar which I didn't like was that a wedding party from the day before had total use of this bar Sunday afternoon and evening and hence I was asked to leave when wanting to watch the football that afternoon. Tip, a second bar with sports on TV should be opened or at least don't close off the X bar to all guests.

The staff are all friendly and very helpful and I can't stress this enough. They are very child friendly and take an interest in all guests.

The middle and senior management go out of their way to make sure your stay is most enjoyable. No problem is too big to sort. I am hoping that I will return by the end of the year as it was a most enjoyable relaxing hotel. Out of 100 I'd mark it as a 96%. A couple of small glitches didn't put me off and shouldn't put any other potential guests off as I am confident in the management that as they listen to guests, they will improve the hotel constantly by learning and taking on board guests issues.

I reviewed a similar standard hotel last year and it is of no comparison to the Lyrath, as the Lyrath is towering above it.

Lyrath management and staff, you are a credit to the organisation. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear lazarus4

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Thank you for your very kind comments in relation to the team and the service they provided for you during your stay with us. I passed on your comments at our morning meeting yesterday and everyone was delighted to receive such great praise, it really does make a very positive impact on morale and motivation to have great service recognised so nicely. Clearly our aim for your next visit to Lyrath is to move the rating from 96% to 100%!

We also appreciate the constructive comments that you have shared in relation to the “glitches” during your stay with us, please be assured that the team have and will continue to act upon this feedback. In relation to the beers on offer, following similar feedback we are introducing a range of craft beers from the local and European breweries which we hope will satisfy most tastes. I am also very keen on broader range of beers, and we are very aware that the focus on beer is now growing considerably with our guests and will act accordingly to provide a great selection.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at this fab hotel for 2 nights for a wedding.

Hotel set outside town on fine big estate with plenty of space for walks etc

Hotel has a mixed the old and the new parts of the buildings very well.

No problems at check in - efficient and professional.

Room was based on floor 2. Nice spacious room with single and double bed. Bathroom had a big walk in shower and nice deep bath. Plenty of room amenties, tea/coffee, safe, robes, iron/board etc

Free WiFi throughout although performance was a bit touch and go.

All staff where will trained, polite and knew their job well. It's what you would expect from a hotel at this level, but not all hotels deliver.

Eat lunch here - was fine. Buffet breakfast, very good with loads of choice. Again staff managed breakfast well, especially with the amount of people coming and going.

Only meal I had here was the night of the wedding where nearly 200 guests were catered for. Meal was superb everything was done perfectly. Again staff executed the service really well and did not leave tables sitting around whilst other tables where eating. Everything seemed to arrive in one go !

Didn't make it to spa/gym.

Overall a very comfortable stay, with plenty of home comforts, good food & drink. Not the cheapest place, but staff where very good and the hotel was well managed.

Would love to stay again some time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dxb09
Dear Dxb09

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Lyrath Estate hotel, and appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us on trip advisor.

I would like to thank you sincerely for the very kind comments that you have offered in relation to the standard of the Lyrath Estate hotel, and in particular for the very kind comments that you have made in relation to the great service offered by the team. I have only recently joined Lyrath estate and I must agree with your assessment of the team, what really makes them stand out is their ability to provide great unstuffy hospitality and friendliness whilst providing professional and efficient service.

Belfast, N Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are just back from a weekend with the Lyrath - went with my mum, me and two young children. What bliss. From the moment we arrived, we felt so relaxed which can be a hard task when the little ones are in tow. We had a super room with gorgeous views, an indulgent bathroom and the best pillows I have ever set my head upon. The pool area was great for young children as the jacuzzi is right beside the kids shallow pool so I could watch them from there (7 and 3 year old) and everyone was happy. Kids received warm milk and cookies before bed each night and felt very cherished and as a result behaviour was at an all time best!!! We borrowed the bikes from the hotel and cycled around the beautiful grounds which was fun for the kids and for me too. Breakfast was five star quality and nothing too much for staff, they were always happy to help. We had afternoon tea too which was gorgeous. Concierge was Tom (although my 7 year old said his name badge was Ray Murphy so sorry if I got this wrong) but what a lovely character - a wee gem. We visited Kilkenny which is just so nice to walk around and plenty of lovely restaurants/cafes. All in all, a fabulous break and I will be back soon - maybe just with hubby next time so we can enjoy the grown up stuff too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ange438
Dear Ange438

I really am grateful for such a lovely assessment of the Lyrath Estate and your experiences during you visit to the Hotel with the family. We really are fortunate to serve in such a fantastic environment and the hotel and its facilities are I would agree magnificent in terms of breadth of choice and standards.

Of course without great people even the most elaborately appointed hotels will not succeed. What differentiates between good and great is the people, and my team really do stand out in terms of their genuine warmth, their relaxed yet professional service, and their desire to positively engage with all guests. I share feedback with the team daily at our morning meetings, and I must say they were delighted to receive your very kind comments. Tom really is a huge asset to the business and provides a great welcome to the hotel for all guests, and he is always delighted to be mentioned.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for such positive feedback, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another enjoyable stay