Just returned from a girlie weekend in the Lyrath. From the arrival into this grand estate we knew we made the right choice. One thing that stood out above everything else in this hotel was the staff. Every staff member i passed over the course of my few days had a warm smile. They are not "in your face" but always around to help you out if needed and extremely polite.
The lady in Tuppars Bar (mgr/supervisor??) was very friendly.
Check-in and Check-out were flawless with minimal waiting time.
Ray the porter was a cheerful gentleman who fecked our car and brought it around to the front door (nice touch).
Breakfast was divine. Excellent selection and always plenty available even at peak times on Sunday morning.
We dined in Kilkenny city on the first night and then in Yindees in the Lyrath on the Saturday night. The food was of high quality and faultless. Again, the waiting staff were very attentive.
Our rooms were clean, large, great beds (with amazing pillows) over looking the rolling hills. It was a pleasure to wake up and draw back the curtains each morning.
I used the SPA for a treatment. Amy looked after my needs, a young girl, extremely professional and very good at her job. We used the hydro-pool which was so relaxing. If i was to pick flaws in the SPA it would be the "relaxation room". I expected to have lots of lie down beds to snooze on after our treatments but instead the room (which was slightly cool) only offered arm chairs - with no footrests. Our group were disappointed in this feature as having been in other SPAs in Ireland, most of them offer this. But it wouldn't deter me from returning.
I did not use the Health Centre.
Prices for dining in Tuppars bar or Yindees is a little expensive but then this is a 5 star hotel so I would have expected it to be. Best value is to book a package with inclusive meals.
Overall, a thoroughly relaxing weekend in the Lyrath, I am now looking into a return trip with the family next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre