We visited the hotel for a weekend away having never been to Kilkenny or the surrounding area before - what a pleasant surprise we had! On arrival to the estate there's a long winding drive leading up to a stately home frontage - the rest of the hotel is built on to this, but not visible on approach. We got dropped off at the front door and were immediately greeted by a friendly and helpful concierge who helped us in with the luggage and introduced us to the front of house team. Check-in was seamless and then we were shown to our room overlooking the lakes at the back of the property. The first day we had lunch in the Bar - I had steak sandwich (goregous) and my husband had the pasta (very tasty). The portions were generous and the staff who served us were delightful. The bar opens out onto a conservatory area and we decided to eat there as the sun was shining. The hotel also does great high teas / afternoon teas and we watched our fellow diners enjoy those too. First night we went into Kilkenny itself but returned later on and had great sleep.
Next day we enjoyed the spa area (sauna, steam room, huge infinity jacuzzi pool with open aspect onto gardens) before I headed off for a treatment - had a caviar facial and it felt great. The spa / treatment area is a great size and has various rooms (not sure how many in total but plenty to cope with the guests and even included a couples room).
Dinner on the Saturday was in the Thai restaurant on the mezzanine area in the central part of the hotel - well, what can I say apart from I'm still dreaming of the meal now! Once again the service was excellent - you can really tell the staff here take pride in working for the hotel and this makes a huge difference as a visitor - well done to them all (it's not that frequent in other places in my experience). It's worth mentioning the hotel was running a wedding on the Saturday and this did not impinge on the normal guests and vice versa - the original house was used for main part of wedding which must have been lovely.
Anyway - breakfast on both days was in the main restaurant and had a huge selection of cooked items (including white pudding... my favourite) and varied cold buffet / continental choice.
I would highly recommend the hotel for all visitors - there was a great mix of couples, groups, families and business people and all were accommodated to the highest standard from what I could see.
We will definitely return and hope to explore more of the local area too as the bits we did see were lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre