My husband and I are returning guests to Lyrath. We checked in on Thursday 31st January for a 3 night break. When we arrived, the hotel was very quiet and check-in was quick and efficient. We checked into our room, which funnily enough was the same room we had previously stayed in. This was perfect as the deluxe balcony rooms are simply elegant, spacious and luxurious. The bathroom is functional and beautiful with separate shower, bath and toilet.
The hotel was peaceful and quiet on Thursday night which was lovely. We dined in Yindees and enjoyed a delicious meal. We did not go for a starter as we remembered that the portion size is quite generous. I had a stir fry that was absolutely delicious! I was also eyeing my husband’s curry which was also tasty. Dinner was followed by drinks by the fireplace and a game of snooker in the snooker room.
On Friday, we took full advantage of what the hotel has to offer by going for a walk on the property, a quick dip in the pool and then lazed for a few hours in the Oasis Spa. This is the epitome of relaxation! That night, we dined in La Perla, which is a lovely restaurant. There were a few teething problems with service but nothing to lose patience over to be honest.
The hotel started to get a little busier on Saturday, as you would expect. We noticed that a wedding party had arrived. Although it apparently was a big wedding, we did not feel their presence as the wedding reception area is separate to the main building.
Each morning we were looking forward to breakfast. Breakfast is taken in La Perla restaurant and is a self service. In saying that, I absolutely cannot fault it. The selection is quite impressive and the food was delicious. I was being careful on what I was eating (=diet, in simple words) over the week end and I have to say, I was able to enjoy food and did not feel like I was missing out.
Overall, it was a great and relaxing week end. Lyrath is a big hotel but it still has personality and warmth. The only thing is that we had a little problem, due to other inconsiderate guests who thought that knocking on doors at 5am would be a good idea and although this is obviously not the hotel’s fault, they dealt with it in a great manner. Our complaint was listened to and addressed in a satisfying way.
Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely and without any hesitation. We are already looking forward to returning to Lyrath.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre