Went here for a girlie weekend. Got a great deal for 125 for B&B, spa treatment and Dinner. Rooms were very nice, roomy, great big bed, robes and slipper provided. The Spa wasnt what you would call relaxing, it was wedged with women, nowhere to sit in the relaxation room, which was far from what it says it is with people's names being shouted about the place every couple of minutes and the massage chair sounding like a pneumatic drill. I filled out my spa form saying I had very sensative skin yet when the therapist started putting stuff on my face it burnt my skin and I told her and she said "oh i better get the stuff for sensitive skin", Grr, whats the point in filling out the form if they dont even read it. And then she told me not to go into the hydrotherapy pool after the facial...I feel like I missed out, it looked lovely.
Dinner in Yindees was yumee, there were a good few big groups of women so there was a good buzz and the X bar does lovely (quite expensive) drinkies after. There a nice smoking area but they could do with a few decent gas heaters, it was baltic. There was a singer man with a guitar who kept the toe tapping.
Breakfast was absolute choas, filthy tables everywhere, queues for the food...but once you got a table it was very tasty.
All in all it was just "grand". I wouldnt go on a romantic break here, girlie weekend is fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre