“Great stay”
Review of Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Kilkenny Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here as part of a stag weekend and had a great stay. Rooms are clean and tidy. Ive stayed in hotels on lads weekends away and been given the grubbiest room in the far corner of the hotel. This was not the case here. Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Was speaking to the owner and he was very good, gave lots of advice on where to go and was generally good craic. Would recommend to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Frank M
There are newer reviews for Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I arrived in Kilkenny, it was snowing and, without I had to find a place to stay. I found the Kilkenny Inn, and my stay there was most enjoyable. I found the accommodation most comfortable and warm, the staff friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my time there very much. I highly recomend this hotel to any visitor to Kilkenny.,

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank doirin k
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Mid range hotel, clean and comfortable furnishings, though the Hotel was cold. Cooked breakfast if you desire. A little further out than I expected, ok for during day but definitely a taxi ride come night fall as a solo traveller.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Basic hotel. But very clean, modern enough and family run. Good food for breakfast and the bar is lovely. Shower in the rooms are superb. Beds were comfortable, rooms were nicely warm. Good location close to the town. But not too quiet. Doesn't strike me as being a hen/stag hotel nicely quiet.
Grand hotel. Basic but fine for a short stay!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great experience staying in the Kilkenny inn..staff were so accommodating and really friendly.Perfect location,comfortable rooms and breakfast was delicious!everything you want from a hotel.Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were staying in a room that had an adjoining room beside us, only a door separating us, we could hear everything they were doing!
The tv kept switching off over the wire, we had to keep fixing the wire for the tv to stay on.
The heater wasn't working so the room was freezing and they weren't serving any bar food on a Saturday night.
Considering the room wasn't cheap I wasn't happy with the stay and I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone. They are loads of other lovely hotels in the same area.
The staff of the hotel were very nice to us and the room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were in Kilkenny for a night out & got a good rate for this hotel,that being the main reason we stayed here.The location is fine in the daytime but not an area I would be happy to walk in after a night out,so if you are in town you will need to get a taxi.

The girl on check in was nice,not very informative though.We had to ask about breakfast times,where it would be served & how we get to the room ! (Being a hotel receptionist myself,I thought it was all part of the training)

The room was spotless,beds VERY comfy & even though it was facing the street there was no problem getting a nights sleep.The bedroom & bathroom were absolutely freezing,after stepping out of the shower & on to the floor my feet were numb ! There was no shower gel in our bathroom,although they did provide endless bottles of shampoo !

We had a drink in the bar before we went out & it was like a morgue so I'm guessing its not popular with hotel guests,we had a quick drink eventually after the non chatty bar man took 10 mins to locate a lemon for our drinks !

Breakfast the following morning was mediocre,a bit dried out if I'm honest.No great choice & when my friend asked for soda bread they told her they didn't have any,she could have either white or brown bread as toast ! Well,thats a first !!!!!

Would I return ? Probably not. Its such a shame,because its a nice hotel in appearnace & with the right management it could be a fantastic hotel !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends