“Lovely staff clean rooms”
Review of Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Kilkenny Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff clean rooms”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the hotel in May while on a visit/trip around Ireland. This family owned hotel has that little extra where the staff/family go out of there way to be helpful. The reception area was a beautiful place with classy decor. The receptionist was very helpful, make phone calls for us and helped with finding routes to our next destination. The bar man pointed us in the direction of a first class restaurant. Rooms were fine and clean. Only problems we came across was missing bulb in the wall lamp and the breakfast sausages were not up to usual high Irish standard we have come to expect.

Room Tip: Very good value. Our room was at the front and was fine
2 Thank Katherine J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
cape cod
Reviewed May 31, 2012

What would you do if you returned to your hotel after a very nice evening in a Whiskey Bar, ascended to your room and discovered to your delight that the supplies cupboard next to your room was unlocked, and no one was manning the desk to ask for extra supplies? Liking very strong coffee (even if it is only instant which seems to be all they provide in hotel rooms in Ireland) ratheler than tea for your breakfast, you unfortunately decide to help yourself to a few extra mini freeze dried packages of this instant coffee and simultaneously discover extra little coffee biscuits. While large blaring alarms did not go off, nor did flashing lights, to your utter dismay the barman arrives to singlehandedly accuse you of theft and wrest from your hands the paltry little packages of delights.

Nonetheless, lovely little spot, well worth every penny. ... In addition to all of those wrested from our savings by the car rental company. But that, is another story.

1 Thank rrcapecod
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This Hotel delivers on it's promises. It doesnt pretend to be 5* and it is not. It is a well run, nicely furnished, clean and tidy Kilkenny centre retreat.
I travelled for business, but intended a bit of social too and the location was perfect for town, bars, restaurants and sight seeing.

If you want to feel that you are in a specific Irish dwelling, this may not be for you as the hotel could be anywhere to be honest. That said the bar is welcoming and the food decent.

For business, family or social this is the best hotel I have found in Kilkenny, maybe not a romantic Irish retreat but very practical, efficient and delivers on its PR promises.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CarricktoRome
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is in a good location, just a few minutes walk from the downtown tourist areas. The staff was very polite and attentive to our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed there on a Sunday night and I think we were one of only a few people staying in the hotel that night so it was very quiet. Breakfast was quite good.

It's not a top-of-the-line hotel, but it is quite good for what we paid. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Andrew4444
Nahant, MA
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were 3 pals travelling together & finding one room was not easy. This was perfect. Excellent service by helpful and friendly staff, clean and neat room with windows that open to a great view of a beautiful, very old church! Simple and elegant decor. High quality linens and towels.

Location was fine walking distance to everything in town and in the butter slip area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stratford, CT
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week and we found the hotel just average, a bit on the older side. The staff was not overly friendly and seemed annoyed by answering our questions. The best part about this hotel is the location, just up the hill from the Smithwicks Brewery.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

When I researched and booked this hotel, I was thinking it was in a pub.
Here in Australia we mostly call inns pubs so I was expecting some noise, lots of people etc.

What I found when I got there was mind blowing, it was a very posh looking hotel.
I found the reception staff very helpful with my queries and the breakfast was beautiful. I would have to say they had the best crossiants I have ever tasted and the room was lovely.

The area is very quiet so I slept very well and it is also only a short walk to get to the city centre and attractions.

I was very happy with the service, the price and my experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo