“German (un-)talented hurling players”
Review of The Kilkenny Way

and up
The Kilkenny Way: Ultimate Hurling Experience
Ranked #14 of 74 things to do in Kilkenny
More attraction details
Owner description: We Provide a unique sporting experience giving you an insight into the worlds Oldest (3000 yrs) and fastest field game in the true Home Of Hurling Champions - Kilkenny. Join us for 2 hours of Hurling fun in the Home of the Famous Kilkenny Cats.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Thanks for this amazing afternoon! We all are still talking about this hurling experience. It also had been a privilege to met Henry Shefflin in the gym and to see the All Ireland semifinal on last Sunday. What a glorious second halftime!
So don't miss the Kilkenny Way and visit Jim at Lanigan's!
Wir und unsere Töchter (11, 15) hatten sehr viel Spass bei dieser Hurling-Einführung! Ein unglaublich schnelles und dynamisches Spiel! Und das Irish Stew im Lanigan's war spitze!
Wer Kilkenny besucht, sollte sich diese Tour nicht entgehen lassen!

1  Thank Franz K
There are newer reviews for The Kilkenny Way

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I couldn't wait to try out the hurling, the sport of my ancestors, so I jumped at the opportunity provided by the Kilkenny Way. It was such an original idea and so much fun that when I visited Dublin I took the chance to get away from the usual tourist trail and check out the 'Learn Hurling' experience provided by Fred Fortune. He's such a great character, knowledgeable of the game and so funny. My friends and I had the bossest time in the Phoenix Park there learning some skills with the hurleys. I couldn't recommend hitting up on facebook the Kilkenny way and Learn Hurl enough!!!

C, Delaware.

1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just met Jim this evening with German reporters at the training and they are going to the match on Sunday ,will be making reports to German press, so putting Kilkenny on the map again, well done Jim.

1  Thank Majella P
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Consistent excellent reviews tell it all. If you are in Kilkenny, don't miss it and Lanigan's. If you are not in Kilkenny get there, you cannot be disappointed.

1  Thank EDCOCOA
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Jim took me and my 9 year old son out today. It was fantastic from start to finish. We met at Lanagan's bar, had a walking tour of the city on the way to Nolan Park, where Jim told us lots of facinating facts about Kilkenny generally and Kilkenny hurling in particular. We got a personalised stadium tour and then a one to one specialised hurling lesson on Nolan Park itself. What a thrill!!. Jim is a great coach and his passion for the game and it's traditions shines through. When it started to rain at the end, Jim arranged a car to bring us back to Lanagan's where thre three of us had some delicious lamb stew. My son got to take home a hurley and sliotar, and has not left it out of his hands since!! All for 20 Euro great value!! All in all, a great afternoon, as couple of rebels, we were like the Cats that got the cream!!

3  Thank donalCork