“Awesome Time!”

and up
The Kilkenny Way: Ultimate Hurling Experience
Ranked #15 of 75 things to do in Kilkenny
More attraction details
Owner description: We Provide a unique sporting experience giving you an insight into the worlds Oldest (3000 yrs) and fastest field game in the true Home Of Hurling Champions - Kilkenny. Join us for 2 hours of Hurling fun in the Home of the Famous Kilkenny Cats.
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The tour is great fun! By teaching my university students all about the game of Hurling, Jim was able to share the passion of the sport with them. Even in the rain, this was a wonderful experience. Go Kilkenny Cats!

1  Thank Irish2orat

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was, hands down, the highlight of my visit to Kilkenny. The tour was really interesting and learning hurling was incredibly fun! Plus, knowing that I was in the hurling capital of the world enjoying a rare opportunity made it all the more exciting. Trust me, this is not a chance you want to pass up! Go for it - you'll be so glad you did. I think I found a new favorite sport.

1  Thank Nora L
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is amazing. We were given a great tour of the facility and learned about how much this sport means to Kilkenny. Not only that but we got to learn and practice basic hurling skills with Jim the owner of Lanigan's pub in town. This was one of the most incredible expierences I have had, not only did I get to learn all about a new sport but I was able to play it on a stadium feild. I would recomend this to anyone even if you aren't a sports fan you learn so much about the culture and the way of Kilkenny.

1  Thank Lenny G
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The program provides hurlers and balls for the entire experience. The instructor Jim did a phenomenous job by teaching our party of 13 the history, secrets, and way of hurling throughout our venture. Not only did Jim provide lessons for us he got us exclusive access into Nolan park which is the home field of the Kilkenny Cats. Jim also brings an expert into the field in order to show us the drills and skills needed in order to excel in the sport. Hurling is a hard sport however with the assistance of Jim they make it a whole lot easier. I strongly recommend this program for anyone who has been touring Ireland and has been dieing for some excercise, you will not regret this. The more people you have participating the more fun it can get.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was beyond amazing! Our whole group was able to play on the actual field that the Kilkenny Cats play on. We even got to tour the grounds. It was an incredible experience that I woudl do again. We learned the basics of hurling and even did a few contests with prizes. It made me want to be a hurling champ!