“The best choice for my weekend night!”

Lanigan's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 226 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lanigans a Family run Traditional Irish Bar and Restaurant with Live Music every Thursday / Friday and Sunday with Top Irish Bands Divil The Bit & The Kilkennys during Wintertime and live music 7 nights a week during summer months . Our Menu is a must to try if your passing through Kilkenny. At Weekend Nights Lanigans Transforms into a Night spot in Kilkenny with DJ and some of the best drinks Promotions to be had in the City. We are a 2 minute walk from Kilkenny Castle and located 2 doors from the Kilkenny Tourism Office. Our Brunch/Breakfast menu is served from 11am with Dinner/Lunch from 12.30Pm. Multiple choice of Sport viewing in Bar with our 6 Large Plasma Screens and we also offer Accomodation for travellers on a budget in our purposley built 40 bed Tourist Hostel which is the only "Irish Tourism" Approved and Centrally located Hostel in Kilkenny - beside our Bar . A Warm Welcome and a friendly smile will always await you when you come to Lanigans - See you at the Bar
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best choice for my weekend night!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last weekend I spent 1 night at Lanigans Bar and Restaurant. It was so fantastic. From the first minute to the end of the night, it was wonderful: It was so impressed when I had dinner there: Really professional, very fast and easy to get my order, always in time, various delicious food and very reasonable, staff are very nice, fresh, friendly and helpful, a very clean and tidy restaurant, we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere there. And last but not least: FUN at the bar, at first we did not plan to join the bar but we ended up staying on and we did enjoy live music and Irish dancing, I tried to perform Irish dancing after that, really funny. I did laugh a lot when I had a chance to talk with Richie – he is the owner of the bar but he performs not as an owner just as a friend when you go there, very funny and friendly man. I called him Fatty because he has a little bit fat belly, he said that is because of the nice food at the restaurant keep him eating. Hahaha. Sure! Because the food there is so nice and then he called me Smelly because I drank lots of beers there and I had Beer smell, hahaha. Lanigans Bar and restaurant really made my night!
I strongly recommend Lanigans Bar and Restaurant! Go there without hesitation if you have a chance to visit Ireland !
Tuyen from Vietnam

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bich Tuyen N

Ireland
“Very enjoyable stay for a Hen Party here - great staff”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We really enjoyed it and all of the staff at Lanigans were fantastic. They were all so friendly and helpful, we were all complimenting them during our stay.

In particular, our Cocktail man (Simon from Donegal) was fabulous…he made us all laugh, he was a lovely guy and he really did make such an effort to make sure that we all had a great time. He is a great asset to the bar!! He also stepped in to break up a fight that was going on outside the bar, he sorted it out and just popped back in behind the bar to continue our class…bouncer and cocktail maker all –in-one!

The food was lovely and I think the timing of all of the events worked really well, it was great that it was all made so easy for us so we could just focus on having fun and enjoying ourselves, not worrying about the logistics. Also, the staff were accommodating when some of our group were going to be arriving a bit later, and they moved our cocktail class to half an hour later to give us a bit more time for them to arrive…which was great.

Great central location, I would recommend this place again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MicheleWilson
Parlin, NJ
“Great food and bar”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had dinner there last week while in Kilkenny and also went back at night and saw a couple of bands. Great bar restaurant with a wonderful staff.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Mary Beth G
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Entertaining”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was good, but the entertainment better. Great cozy atmosphere and obviously beloved by locals for a reason. Worth a visit.

Cork
“Good Honest Pub Food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reasonable, nice steak, cooked to request, polite nice staff..
Worth a stop if your hungry and looking to be fed!!!

• Visited October 2013