“Loved this place!”

Lanigan's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lanigans a Family run Traditional Irish Bar and Restaurant with Live Music every Thursday / Friday and Sunday with Top Irish Bands Divil The Bit & The Kilkennys during Wintertime and live music 7 nights a week during summer months . Our Menu is a must to try if your passing through Kilkenny. At Weekend Nights Lanigans Transforms into a Night spot in Kilkenny with DJ and some of the best drinks Promotions to be had in the City. We are a 2 minute walk from Kilkenny Castle and located 2 doors from the Kilkenny Tourism Office. Our Brunch/Breakfast menu is served from 11am with Dinner/Lunch from 12.30Pm. Multiple choice of Sport viewing in Bar with our 6 Large Plasma Screens and we also offer Accomodation for travellers on a budget in our purposley built 40 bed Tourist Hostel which is the only "Irish Tourism" Approved and Centrally located Hostel in Kilkenny - beside our Bar . A Warm Welcome and a friendly smile will always await you when you come to Lanigans - See you at the Bar
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went here on a Sunday night. Great lively atmosphere. Excellent live music. The bar service was very good and I was very happy they had Absolute Vodka (seems a rare thing to find at the bars I visited in Ireland). They were playing a Hurling match on the TVs (possibly a rebroadcast) while the band played. The manager was fantastic. He brought the Hurling Championship Cup around for us to check out and take pictures. When I told him I didn’t know much about Hurling, he brought my husband and I upstairs to Legends Hurling Bar. Legends was closed at the time, but he showed us all of the beautifully hand painted murals and photos of players on the wall. He told us a great deal about the game and obviously had a great passion for the game. Good times, great bar, great hospitality!

1  Thank Tracey R

Reviewed May 13, 2013

For pub grub Lanigans is perfect. We ate Sunday lunch here- soup and a roast beef dinner for €11! soup was a little salty but tasted nice,it came with a lovely slice of brown bread. Two large slices of nicely cooked roast beef, mashed spud and fresh veg-I had expected frozen veg for this price so that was a pleasant surprise! Kids chicken goujons were nice and not over cooked like a lot of places. Service was brilliant- nice lady with blonde hair and glasses and a young guy and both were very pleasant. Two adults and three kids ate a lovely meal for less than €35- couldn't ask for better than that!

1  Thank ChardeeMacdennis77
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Got a great deal for this restaurant online so took my 14yr old out for dinner last week. I have to say I think I may have picked a bad time (Sat eve, lot of hen nights and stags around), but none the less, the service and food were great. Was looked after by a very efficient young man, (maybe name tag's for staff??) who was most helpful. The Steaks we ordered were really well presented and cooked exactly to our instruction's. Will be back here again without a doubt but will pick a different time!!

1  Thank Adaisy8
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent a day of our Ireland trip in Kilkenny and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. It is a delightful, beautiful little medieval city. We were lucky enough to step into this pub where we enjoyed some great food. The atmosphere was inviting, and the staff was very friendly! Make sure to pay a visit in the evening to enjoy some live Irish music.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great place to eat! The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the atmosphere is inviting. I highly recommend it!