“Excellent service and food all round” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Courtyard Bar and Grill
Ranked #159 of 216 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool
“Excellent service and food all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Local friend I was visiting brought me here and it was a good choice. The food was very tasty and a good size portion. The staff where very friendly and polite. The overall cost was very reasonable. Will recommend to anyone

1 Thank grislythread

• Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place, friendly quick service and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited here with my wife and two friends on the weekend of Bruce Springsteen weekend. Had breakfast here and the full Irish was amazing with the deal including tea, toast and orange juice. my wife had poached egg and salmon. The two staff members were very pleasant and quickly served us even looking to see could we top up our teas and coffees .

We also visited on the Sunday before going up to the concert at around 3pm and despite the seating all been full tables were moved around to accommodate our original four and the extra three we had brought today. I took there offer of a burger and pint which was a very good size burger and pint of cool Stella artois. my wife got god and wedges which had some sort of garlic curry sauce on them they were excellent..Over all despite the busy week end i will be recommending here to all my friends..

~Frank

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs closing down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Am in shock as to how this place remains open, its visable dirt front of house leaves nothing to the imagination as to what the kitchens is like! As we sat outside, it was with great regret only noticing after we had eaten! (thankfully not alot, due to the plain unflavoursome food). You would be better off going to a fast food joint than eat here! Prices are crazy... Giving the awful food they throw out! Toilets were an absolute disgrace and for a place that clearly thinks themselves bistro style, think its time to close the doors, as the passion in the business clearly walked out a long time ago!

1 Thank Plainshane
Dublin
“Dont Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had the beef carvery here for lunch on Sunday the beef was the worst I have ever seen in a carvery dinner.Service wasn't great a guy serving who I would say is not a people person.The girl who served the food was nice and polite when I went to pay I wasn't asked " how was everything" only told 29.10 in a very abrupt manner I found it to be a jumped up place lacking quality food and good customer service.Needless to say we wont be back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank diva072
Dublin, Ireland
“Dont waste your money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having being to Kilkenny on many occasions, mostly business trips, I decided to meet a client in The Courtyard Bar and Grill for lunch, the place looked quite good and i had expectations of the same. On arrival we were seated and recieved menus. The service was incredibly bad, though i suspect this was due to minimum staff members on that day. Eventually our orders taken (my client ordering the Goats Cheese Tartlet, myself ordering Braised Beef) drinks took a further 15 minutes to arrive, and the shouting coming from the kitchen was quite uncomfortable. A further 15 minutes later our food arrived, Tartlet looking more like a side dish and Braised beef is nothing more that dried out beef in stew sauce! Not once did a member of staff approach us to find out if we were satisfied, need more drinks or would like coffee or dessert. A lazy stern looking man came from the kitchen as we were leaving in a chefs uniform and i presume was the boss due to the uncomfortable feeling from the staff at his presence. Gastly overpriced and both my client and i both agreed it was the first and last time we would waste our money at this place.

• Visited May 2013