“great”

Hibernian Bar
Ranked #23 of 219 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A popular choice among locals, the constantly bustling Hibernian Bar is testament to the exceptional food & service that guests receive. A wonderful relaxed atmosphere and a diverse & extensive menu make this the ideal choice for a working lunch with colleagues or a pleasant meal with friends. Menu choices vary from light snack options such as soup or sandwiches, to more substantial alternatives such as salads and meat & seafood specialities. The changing daily specials expand the choices on offer. Hibernian Bar is a casual dining alternative to Harpers and is open for morning coffee & scones, lunch, afternoon tea & cakes, an evening meal or simply a drink in the evenings. The bar is located to the front of this historic building; the unique atmosphere of this award-winning bar offers both locals and guests an experience not to be forgotten. The bar is decorated to the highest standards in traditional style with comfort and relaxation foremost in mind. Sit back and relax near the open fire, enjoy the soft background music as the service comes to you
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

great atmosphere, great food (our family had the burger, triple decker sandwich, hake and all were excellent), friendly staff, baby friendly and reasonable prices. would definitely be back.

Visited July 2014

Cork
“Great pub grub”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely pub lunch here staff very professional and friendly.
Good value for money, nice traditional setting and good atmosphere,

Visited July 2014
“Nice Little Spot”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't eaten here before so said we would try it out... Great service, attentive servers... No delay... Nice menu but slightly pricey for some of the dishes. Food was great though. My only complaint is the seating... We sat at a low table with very low armchairs... Don't get me wrong they were comfortable... Ideal for relaxing with a drink but not for dining...

Milford, Pennsylvania
“Hibernian Hotel”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal and excellent time. Food was excellent and fulfilling. Service is attentive and thorough. The menu had a lot of varieties offered.

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

A great location in the centre of Kilkenny. I ate here twice over the last few days. Both times I was absolutely staring before entering. My first time I had a wonderful roast lamb dinner it was cooked to perfection. My second time I had the burger and chips. This was the biggest let down of my lift. I could see from the moment it came out the chips were not of great quality. Been so hungry I said I go ahead and eat it. I ordered some extra ketchup and hoped they would be ok. I was wrong. The burger wasn't much better. A terrible dry bun, with a tasteless burger. A mean piece of lettuce to go with it.

Staff were very pleasent, The place is clean, has a nice atmosphere.