“Great food in a vintage style upstairs cafe/restaurant”
Review of Cafe Mocha - CLOSED

Cafe Mocha
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
“Great food in a vintage style upstairs cafe/restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lovely lunch here (located upstairs beside the Courthouse on the main street in Kilkenny). Had a little wait to be served my food but waitress was vey apologetic. Service in general was friendly though could be a little more attentive (we'd to search out someone to settle the bill with despite there being 2 people behind the counter). Food was really great and the place was very busy on a Saturday lunchtime and it's easy to see why. Chocolates and little gifts on sale here also. Would definitely eat here again when I'm next in Kilkenny.

• Visited September 2013

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Great cafe, food was amazing and great value, I would highly rcommend”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Decor is really classy, food quality was great, service amazing, really enjoyed our girlie lunch! Cafe Mocha had been recommended and it did not disappoint!

Visited September 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Search for a decent coffee successful!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a day trip to Kilkenny I was in need of a decent coffee (having had too many disappointments on the UK trip so far) - so it was a pleasant surprise to find a cafe who came up with goods. Beautifully made, great flavour - I could actually taste the coffee, nice and hot, and the milk not burnt.
I also had an excellent chicken Caesar salad. The hand made chocolates & cakes looked very tempting - but I managed to resist having got my caffeine fix.

Visited September 2013
New York
“Travel Agent LOVES Mocha Cafe”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Café Mocha is on the second floor overlooking Parliament street (not handicap accessible). We found the café by asking a Kilkenny business owner where he would recommend for a festive, yummy lunch. The Café Mocha sign is high above the street - look closely to find it. The ambience is "Paris meets Irish Tea." The food is fabulous and the lovely surroundings give you a well-needed respite from the hustle bustle of Parliament Street. Oh, and the desserts - scrumptious! If you're too full after lunch be sure to buy a "take-to-go" snack!

• Visited August 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Should be no 1 in kilkenny .. best meal EVER!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

From the outside we did not hold much hope until we spotted the 2 best in ireland signs and we were drawn in .. from the minute you climb the stairs your transported to the must cutest cafe i have ever seen, there were cute artifacts and tea sets EVERYWHERE .. the waitresses were lovely, as it is a chocolate shop we went with the white chocolate hot chocolate and omg we were not dissapointed .. you could of bathed in the cup and was delicious .. my husband tried nicking mine .. then out came our meals - my husband had the stew and mash which he loved and wanted seconds, a first in any restaurant i have ever been in with him .. i had the chicken and bacon bagel and it was delicious, massive i could not get my chops round it and the chicken and bacon were fresh, served with a lovely salad and homemade coleslaw .. YUMMY would eat here again without a doubt .. i have plans to return to kilkenny to eat here!!

• Visited September 2013