“Search for a decent coffee successful!”
Review of Cafe Mocha - CLOSED

Cafe Mocha
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a day trip to Kilkenny I was in need of a decent coffee (having had too many disappointments on the UK trip so far) - so it was a pleasant surprise to find a cafe who came up with goods. Beautifully made, great flavour - I could actually taste the coffee, nice and hot, and the milk not burnt.
I also had an excellent chicken Caesar salad. The hand made chocolates & cakes looked very tempting - but I managed to resist having got my caffeine fix.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Café Mocha is on the second floor overlooking Parliament street (not handicap accessible). We found the café by asking a Kilkenny business owner where he would recommend for a festive, yummy lunch. The Café Mocha sign is high above the street - look closely to find it. The ambience is "Paris meets Irish Tea." The food is fabulous and the lovely surroundings give you a well-needed respite from the hustle bustle of Parliament Street. Oh, and the desserts - scrumptious! If you're too full after lunch be sure to buy a "take-to-go" snack!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

From the outside we did not hold much hope until we spotted the 2 best in ireland signs and we were drawn in .. from the minute you climb the stairs your transported to the must cutest cafe i have ever seen, there were cute artifacts and tea sets EVERYWHERE .. the waitresses were lovely, as it is a chocolate shop we went with the white chocolate hot chocolate and omg we were not dissapointed .. you could of bathed in the cup and was delicious .. my husband tried nicking mine .. then out came our meals - my husband had the stew and mash which he loved and wanted seconds, a first in any restaurant i have ever been in with him .. i had the chicken and bacon bagel and it was delicious, massive i could not get my chops round it and the chicken and bacon were fresh, served with a lovely salad and homemade coleslaw .. YUMMY would eat here again without a doubt .. i have plans to return to kilkenny to eat here!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is set up stairs, not really suitable for wheelchair users or pushchairs. You can't see it from the street, just the signs and the menus, and it was the menu that lured us in. A really unusual lay out and decoration but its fascinating, really nice. We had lunch here, goats cheese chiabatta, scrummi. Lovely atmosphere, very friendly staff, a busy little place, but dont be put off, its worth waiting to get your seat. And the chocolates, its like being in a chocolate dream, so many to choose from and different combinations. Couldn't fault the place, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't want this to sound like a negative review but I was disappointed with lunch here. Staff are terribly unhelpful an slow,I asked for a glass of water never got it,there was 3 staff members on an only 3 tables of customers yet they don't check on anybody to see how the food is or if you need anything else. The food itself was also disappointing..veg soup was more like mixed herb soup,and the sandwich had lovely fresh ingredients but unfortunately the over powering Dijon mustard ruined it. So much potential,yet such a let down.