“Loved this place”

Ranked #5 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Matt The Millers Bar & Restaurant is a perfect location for your meal, private parties and festive occasions. We offer an extensive drinks menu and the same high service standards that we strive to deliver in every area of our operation. Enjoy lunch, a romantic occasion, dinner or your own private event. We cater for every taste. You will also find some wonderful private snugs throughout our bar. These snugs are perfect for small get-togethers where you can enjoy all that Matt's has to offer in the secluded confines of these salubrious havens of comfort & quiet. We have been partying at Matt's for 20 years now so we have learned a thing or two about throwing the very best parties to suit every occasion. We have Traditional Irish Music every evening along with more music on select nights of the week. For private parties, we can put any one of our five bars at your disposal and we are happy to do as much, or as little as you need us to do to make your party a huge success. There will always be a warm welcome and a hearty smile waiting for you at Matt's. Our bars are ergonomically designed to ensure only the highest possible standards of service whether you're having a morning coffee, an afternoon tea, an early evening beverage or a pint with friends at one of Matt's famous party nights. Every effort is made to ensure that our extensive menus of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are constantly updated to make sure that every taste is catered for. Our extensive food menu is also available at the bars, with breakfast, lunch and dinner served. So, whatever you're looking for and whenever you want it - you can rest assured that it's waiting for you at Matt the Millers' Main Bar.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My friend and I stopped here last week. They has live music almost every night. We were there on a Sunday, and there was a 2-piece trad (traditional Irish) band that was amazing. All the good local beers are on tap here. We had a great time drinking a few pints and conversing with the staff - I am now totally in love with one of the bartenders, the most fascinating person I met on our week-long trip to Ireland. The bar is in a great location near some b&bs, the city centre, and about a quarter mile from Kilkenny Castle. We only had one night to spend in Kilkenny, and I'm glad we patronized this place.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Sitting here now listing to a great band (after dark) great atmosphere and just great crack, and great food, the fact there's a captain morgan promo going on too really adds to it. In general a great fun place to have a night out.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Everything about eating here was truly wonderful. From feeling very welcomed the moment we walked in, to the helpful server, and the best part was the food ! We came here due to previous reviews, and we were not let down at all. Our server cheerfully helped us with a good choice of pale ale and explained a few menu items to us. We got the fried brie which tasted amazing and the relish they paired it with was to die for. Then my husband and I shared the Clonakitly chicken. I was in awe of how flippin excellent the veggies tasted, and the black pudding inside the chicken was brilliant. This is one of the meals I am missing so badly here in the U.S. Cannot wait to be able to visit again one day.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a lovely meal here last week as we were visiting from Northern Ireland. When we arrived we asked if the bar could accept Maestro and were told it could. We ordered our food; 1 burger and chips and 1 mushroom tart and chips. The portions were massive and the food was delicious. When it came to paying my card wasnt recognised and neither was my partners; both Maestro. My partner then had to go to the nearest bank machine while I waited. The Manager offered me coffee which was very nice. We were a bit late getting somewhere because of the added delay but the staff dealt with it nicely so thanks!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food was tasty, the service was great & the live band were amazing. its a one stop shop! There was trad music until then band came on which was nice & they also had the sports channels on the TV, if music isn't your thing.