“Superb Stephens Night”

Langton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Spent a very enjoyable Stephen's night at the Langton house hotel. The suite was fabulous, spacious and clean. The bathroom was immaculate and absolutely huge, with a jaquzzi bath and separate shower. The staff were friendly throughout our stay. There was a fantastic selection at breakfast. Many thanks for a wonderful night. We will definately be back again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellolz

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed for one night on a deal prior to Xmas, and could not fault the place ! Great accommodation, location, food and staff, all set in an interesting and quirky building within short walking distance of Kilkenny centre. Nothing else to add other than we will definitely be back !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bailieborough_Blowin
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent a really enjoyable mid-week break at Langton House Hotel last month. From the moment we arrived, the friendliness of the staff and the facilities of the hotel could not have been better. Definitely planning a return visit.

1  Thank JennybDublin
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was my second time to stay at this fabulous hotel. First time was with my family and second with my partner, and all I can stay is wow!! We stayed in one of the penthouse suites, no 74 I think. It was absolutely gorgeous! The room is so elegantly decorated, the bathroom is huge, there is masses amounts of wardrobe space and the bed is beautiful. I loved this room so much because there was a vanity desk in the room! The staff at Langtons are sooooo attentive, caring and could literally not do any more for you. Every staff member at dinner knew the menu off by heart and made precise recommendations. The food was amazing! I really loved the outdoor area of the nightclub. The breakfast was also amazing! Every single request was fulfilled instantly. Could not recommend this hotel to anyone else in a million years! It is truly beautiful and the staff are all kind and sweet people! I feel that if there was a spa or leisure centre this gorgeous place would easily be a 5 star :)

Room Tip: Suites are truly beautiful
1  Thank ShannonMcGrail
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband myself and our 4 children stayed for 2 nights for my sister's wedding,my daughter is in a wheelchair and from opening doors help with dinner ramps on the ready to our familyrroom. Somebody just seemed to be ready and waiting to help , nothing was to much trouble. I can be fuzzy by times but if I tried I couldn't find a fault with Langton's. Absolutely fabulous from the moment we entered until we left. Eamon Langton did himself proud. Staff were excellent, manager Sean Reid was outstanding thank you so much from the Murphy's

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank emer27
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Myself and three girlfriends stayed in Langtons on Thursday last and you could not fault it. The hotel itself is very central to the town with all its lovely shops. We arrived at lunchtime and the receptionist Karen looked after us very well. We had vouchers from an internet site deal which included dinner bed and breakfast, it was excellent value for money. We were upgraded to suites without any extra cost. The rooms were very spacious with four poster beds and very large bathroom with Jacuzzi. The only complaint we had was the room was very cold when we first arrived but when we rang reception they had a plumber up within 30 mins who sorted out the boiler it was really cosy after that, one of the staff brought us up another heater while the boiler was being sorted. We had dinner in the main restaurant and you could not fault it, the staff were so attentive especially Mary who looked after us really well. The food was piping hot and plentiful and they had a sufficient wine list. All in all our stay was great and we will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Great value when you get the voucher deal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank margaret M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My hubby and I got a chance to stay at this hotel last week. The room was clean, there was wine and chocolates on arrival and it even had a Jacuzzi. What I liked best was the luxurious shower, felt like I was standing under a waterfall! The receptionists, Rochelle and Clear (hope I got the names right), were wonderful and very cooperative. Service-wise, this hotel was very good.

What I did not like about this hotel was the rooms are way to close to each other. They are adjacent to each other. It was very noisy and we could get a good night's sleep. Also we our room had no view at all! There was a hedge right outside of our window. It felt quite claustrophobic!

Another thing I absolutely did not like was the extremely small portions of food served in their bar. What is worse is the prices are exorbitant, especially if you bring the quantity served into the picture. The size of the fillet of fish was half compared to almost all the restaurants I have visited in different parts of Ireland. The quantity of rice served with the chicken curry seemed like a callous joke for around €15. Felt cheated and completely ripped off! It's really sad because the food was very tasty! The staff in the bar were neither friendly nor even aware of their own menu. When we had breakfast there, one of the waitress looked like she would rather be anywhere than there and the senior one was quite abrasive in her demeanour!

Bottom line, there is nothing special about this place except it location and very helpful receptionists. But if you do decide to stay here, get your earplugs and stay away from the bar for food!

Also, it would be nice if there were a swimming pool and a spa.

Room Tip: Avoid the bar. No value for money!
1  Thank ufms