“a great welcome to match a great hotel”

Langton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
clonmel
“a great welcome to match a great hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

reception was past cordial, friendly and welcoming. we were delighted with the rooms set in the gardens, large and comfortable, well decorated, even stylish. the bars in the hotel are amusing, bartenders easy and polite. dining room is large an comfortable with a service to match.
location is perfect, a short walk to the center and castle.

to give Langtons due credit they have built a small theater called The Set which frequently puts on acts, comedians singers etc of a commendable standard. The theater is of superb design, holds maybe 250 so very intimate.

Kilkenny has become a very attractive city and recently prices have become reasonable outside of the weekend with a large number of restaurants, a few theaters and the castle.

well worth a visit

1 Thank gillkeithClonmel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Czech first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night break at the Langton House Hotel. Where do I start? Well the hotel is just as the title says A Real Gem. We were very pleasantly surprised at the size of the hotel, there seems to be bars after bars, each one decorated differently. There's a beautiful quaint tea room and a lovely restaurant and ballroom. While we were there the ballroom was packed to capacity with the older generation enjoying an afternoon music and singing session - well done Langton as there aren't too many places that cater for that generation. There is also a nightclub and an extremely large beautiful patio at the back of the hotel - you could almost believe you were on the continent, mind you we were blessed with warm weather while we were there.

Customer service from the staff was excellent and they were willing to help with anything you required - a real bonus for the hotel. A special mention to one of the restaurant staff whose name I think was Heather, you should be nominated as 'Staff member of the Month' your attention to us was outstanding.

We requested Room 9 as we had seen this tip on Tripadvisor and all I can say is WOW. It is on the 3rd floor and is a penthouse. One of the biggest rooms that I have stayed in a hotel with lovely decor, huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath and a walk in dressing room. It also had a well stocked mini bar in a fridge, a bowl of fresh fruit, and a great flat screen tv. as well as a 2 piece suite and coffee table along with other items of furniture.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kilkenny and hope that in the not too distant future I will return.

Thank you Langton for making our trip so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 9 and 10 are the penthouse rooms in the hotel - WOW
1 Thank bcklNorthernIreland
Dublin
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Langtons Hotel again w.c. 10th June with my sister. We were treated like special old friends, remembered from previous visit(s). The staff are so friendly and welcoming in all areas - Reception, Dining Room etc. - and are obviously happy in their work and certainly know how to treat their guests. Thank you girls for such a pleasant time with you, and for your cheerful remarks as we came and went. Your good humour is much appreciated.

We were accommodated in one of the Garden Suites, Room 31, as that is where the twin beds are available. As before, this was superb and, as promised, the chocolates and prosecco were there waiting for us to enjoy. The en suite bathroom is well equipped and spacious and the towels are soft and plentiful. The weather was fairly good but, allowing for that, I found my duvet to be too warm (I think it was doubled!), but the one on my sister's bed was perfect. Yes, I know it would be much worse if I were cold! We met Margaret, busy as usual, and had a funny little encounter with a thrush in the garden while speaking with her. There's never a dull moment in Langton's! .

The food, as usual, was delicious, plentiful and beautifully presented. The freshly-squeezed orange juice was gorgeous and, when I commented on it, the waitress promptly asked if I'd care for another glass. The Afternoon Tea in their little Tea Room was something else ... altogether delightful ... from the special little open sandwiches right through to the dessert!

We missed Willie's cheerful banter this time as he had time off, but in his absence we were well looked after as we enjoyed the Tuesday, 11th, Lions Match on that big TV. The Lions won that day, but Langtons still have more than that winning streak going for them. Thank you!

Room Tip: Garden Suites are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank judyjoycethejoker
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at Langton hotel this weekend for a hen party. It was a great experience the suites we stayed in were lovely. We had an easy check in which could have been difficult with 24 people. Our meal and breakfast were delicious. I will definitely return for a break with my husband in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 701Sinead
Tramore, Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our stay was brilliant from start to finish. Staff were extremely welcoming and accommodating at all times, and upon arrival, we were upgraded to a beautiful Garden Suite with a fabulous view. Langton's itself is very stylish, yet relaxed and certainly one of the most comfortable hotels we have stayed at in Ireland. You could spend days exploring the different parts of the hotel and the beautiful outdoor areas and bars. One of our favourites were the gorgeous tearooms with a lovely secluded patio area. Langton's made our stay in beautiful Kilkenny a memorable and relaxing experience and we will return for another short break soon.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a truly beautiful and quiet room, make sure to book one of their Garden Suite...
1 Thank Chris K
Ireland
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went for a 2 night break with my husband,it was a special deal and our expectations weren't too high as we usually believe that you get what you pay for. However in this case we were completely wrong as we had a great break with wonderful food. The hotel is a short walk from the train station which is great and only a short walk from the city.The staff were excellent, every one we encountered even if it was only in a corridor spoke to us. We arrived a little early to check into our room which was big with a jacuzzi bath in the bathroom.As the room wasn't ready we were offered tea or coffee and when we declined the receptionist took in our bags, took my mobile number to ring me when the room was ready,which she did,and when we got back to the hotel to get our key our bags had been taken up to the room for us. Our special offer had 2 course meals included,which was plenty as the portions were generous.Faultless friendly service in the dining room for breakfast as well as dinner.We thoroughly recommend it.The only fault was that our room was at the front of the hotel and there was a bit of noise from the taxi rank opposite but we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Front rooms can be noisy from taxi rank
3 Thank TimeTravellerIreland
dublin
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and myself booked a midweek break in this hotel ,on our way down to Kilkenny the hotel rang us and asked if we would like to upgrade to the penthouse at no extra Money.what a great way to start our break away,and it only got better.We have to say we were made to feel very welcome room was excellent food was great in the lounge and restaurant .staff were very helpfull and couldn't do enough for us.we were that impressed that we booked to go back for my husbands birthday. Thank-you to staff and management for our delightful stay

4 Thank Allen D