“Never Again”

Metropole hotel
dublin
“Never Again”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here this weekend for my hens party, beds are clean linen is clean you have to make your own bed the shower broke the overall place is very dirty I wiped the tiles in the bathroom that were supposed to be white and they were brown the doors don't lock properly and there were a group of men staying and they were kicking at people doors and walls shouting abuse, smoking in the corridor and throwing the butts on the carpet floor there was takeaway boxes and food all over the floors and landing and the was no porter or manager there after 2:00am we had to ring the police to come because we were fearing for our safety so to be honest I don't see how people can honestly come on here and say its clean and well run when the truth is its neither the rooms are shabby and in serious need of a good gutting and a new cleaner I don't know how the place passes the standard regulations for guest accomodation but this I will have to look into because from experience it breaches some if not all.

Room Tip: none of them
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
München
Reviewed April 1, 2013

we stranded in Kilkenny a few weeks ago, Lunch there was really good. I'd say it's traditional regional style not haute cuisine, yummy! we planed to hitchhike to waterford. The owner was very helpful and made us a sign for hitchhiking. When we had to return at night because we failed he was very kind and gave us a 6bed dorm although we were only 3. Breakfast with a really good coffee(what an exception in ireland!)
I cant say anything negativ about this stay. we were welcomed with open arms and felt comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked into one of the private ensuite rooms, the building is old and you can hear everything, people coming and going and loud music from the bar. they don't offer soap or shower gel and then I discovered that there was no hot water to take a shower. I also had some drunk trying to break my bedroom door down at 2am.

Everything else was good, the staff are friendly, the bed was really comfortable, just a pity I could get any sleep in it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a great stay at the metropole. As a rennovated hotel, it has a bit of character, and the friendly staff was definitely a highlight, which really matters when you're travelling solo. They're happy to make recommendations on which pubs to go to (and which to avoid!). Regular backpackers might find that typical hostel features- like a common kitchen- are absent, but the free towels were much appreciated, since I'm usually too stingy on luggage space to pack my own. Oh, and a delicious Irish stew at the bar is always a plus!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed in the Metropole with some friends.Rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable!..The two lads working the bar were very frindly and we had great craic in the Metrople.The food was excellent and considering the price it really was the best value stay I think I have ever had!
I would definitley recommend the Metropole to family and friends.
Ger b.

• Stayed February 2013
NickyMW, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Slippy, thanks for taking the time to write a review about the Metropole. We are glad you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you and your friends again soon.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed last week.It ticks all the boxes.Ceartan and his staff are very friendly and very willing to make your trip a pleasant 1.The bed was comfy and clean linen and towels and free flowing hot water.I can recommend the strognoff and the baileys cheesecake downstairs in the bar and the craic was good to. I traveled alone and found it safe and secure.Rates are fantastic and girls i highly recommend the location,you step out the door and shops are all around you.I'll definitely be back with a gang of girls,take over the girls only dorm and spend the extra cash in the shops and not having to walk far with the bags.Thanks ,great spot highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Angie, We are really glad you had such a great craig at the Metropole . come back soon and bring your friends...the shops really are great. thanks for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Really clean rooms. Beds are really comfortable. Food was top notch. The 2 lads behind the bar were fantastic hosts, very friendly and laid back. Extremely reasonable rates. Perfect place to stay when visiting Kilkennny. Will definitely be back, and will recommend the Metropole to all my family and friends.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear John C. thanks for taking time to review The Metropole. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again one day soon.