Kilkenny River Court Hotel
Hotels.com
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
$192
Great 4.5/5
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$191
$185
  • Restaurant
$309
$271
Great 4.5/5
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$165
$158
Good 3.5/5
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
1,878 results
All reviewsacross the rivercastle viewcar parkperfect locationlovely hotelfew drinkswedding receptionleisure centredeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendbreakfast was excellentbar foodafternoon teafamily roomtop classnore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

From reading the reviews on here regarding the hotel, I was expecting a fantastic hotel and it didnt live up to expectations or the price you pay for a night.
The room's were clean but there was a musty smell of smoke in our one and I also found the place a bit dated.
The breakfast was lovely and the location is perfect for the heart of the town but I just cant justify the price for what we received. I think maybe the sign at reception encourgaing a review on tripadvisor for entry into a competition for a free nights stay is influencing a lot of reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pquiddy
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Pquiddy
Many thanks for the review you posted recently and for taking the time to tell of your experience with us.
Needless to say I was very disappointed to read your comments about your stay and that you felt we did not live up to your expectations. I would certainly have valued the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay during your time with us but as this has not been possible, I would be most grateful; if you could contact me directly on gm@rivercourthotel.com to expand on your remarks about the service.

Kind Regards,
Declan Moriarty,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel went out of the way to get us checked in early. I was traveling with my parents so this was good! There is parking on-site, rooms are clean and spacious, and the view of the castle is amazing! The patio is a beautiful place to eat or enjoy a drink. I imagine there are other fabulous hotels in Kilkenny, however after staying here it will be difficult to try them!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Jennmac74,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Kilkenny River Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback.
I was particularly pleased to read how much you liked the food and how wonderful you found the terrace and the amazing views.
Concerning the room available before 4 pm, whenever we can we shall give it to our guests earlier. In any case, for those wanting to guarantee it we recommend to book the room from the previous night.
Whenever you return to Kilkenny, please contact us directly for better deals.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Unfortunately we had only one night here - we were attending a dinner in the town and did not have too long to enjoy the amenities. Check in was very friendly and efficient, our room was excellent - we had actually been upgraded to a suite which was beautifully furnished and wonderful views of the river and castle. Breakfast next morning was good, plenty of choice. I asked for poached eggs and whilst they were a while coming were very good when they arrived!
Would certainly stay here again if in Kilkenny.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrishRomantic

Dear Irish Romantic,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in the Marshall Suite and enjoyed the wonderful views of Kilkenny from your bedroom.
I am also pleased to learn that you found the check-in to be efficient and the receptionist friendly and that your breakfast experience was good as we do pay a lot of attention to this area of our guest's experience, I have noted your comment regarding the slight delay in recieving your poached egg and our restauant team have taken this on board.
Maybe the next time you visit Kilkenny you will have longer please contact us directly for better deals.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

stay here at least once a year for the past seven years. have not had one problem to date rooms are always spotless hotel is in a beautiful setting staff cater to everyones needs I love it. food is terrific. sitting out on d waterfront for an evening drink is heavenly. ideally situated for everything in kilkenny. Hotel is perfect for business or leisure.top notch

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jean c

Dear Jean,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Kilkenny River Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback, especially from a guest who has stayed with us for the last seven years.
I was particularly pleased to read how much you liked the food and how wonderful you found the service provided by my team.
Thanks agains for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back agin for your annual stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Am up and down quite alot to Kilkenny on Business Trips. Have always stayed in The Rivercourt and every time i stay i find the staff so attentive, genuine and helpful. New Manager Declan is absolutely the right man for the job and is so pleasant and you can see his staff are comfortable around him, the rooms are fantastic and a view to be proud of. Its such a relaxing place and to sit on the terrace in the evening with a glass of wine overlooking the river with the view of the Castle is such a satisfying feeling.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Micheal M

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your great review on trip advisor which we are delighted to receive.
It is comforting to know that having regularly stayed at our hotel, your experience has consistently remained fault free.
Thank you for the lovely personal comments which without the great team here at the hotel I could not manage so well. I am grateful to have such a dedicated and hardworking team at the Hotel and I'm thrilled you have been witness to the many benefits this gives to our guest's experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to sit on the terrrace and enjoy the view.