“Excellent stay”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed December 28, 2012

On our road trip through Ireland, my girlfriend and I stopped in Kilkenny. We found the River Court Hotel online and booked it. It was perfect! Our room had a nice little balcony with a great view of the castle just across the river. The room had every amenity we needed and was very well appointed. Very comfortable and not very expensive, considering the rating. It also offered a great location for walking through Kilkenny. Just a few minute walk away from the castle, pubs, restaurants, and shopping. I recommend it to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Prk485,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent visit to Kilkenny. I am delighted that you enjoyed all that the Hotel has to offer. As you stated the location of the Hotel is ideal for exploring the wonderful city of kilkenny.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday around Ireland and that you had a very safe trip home.

Warm regards

The Bridge,
John Street,
Kilkenny,
Ireland

Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

this hotel is the best hotel I have stayed in staff are very friendly and helpful rooms are big very clean the hotel is in the heart of Kilkenny. Prices are very good for what I see as a 5 star hotel. I can only say good things about this hotel myself and the wife come here from Dublin 2 times a year. We won't go anywhere else and why would we need to when there is a hotel like this and a beautiful place Kilkenny itself.

• Stayed: September 2012
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Promick,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of your many visits to the River Court Hotel and thank you for your continued valued custom. It is always a pleasure for the team at the Hotel to read such positive reviews.

We are delighted that on your many visits to Kilkenny that you stay with us and it is the high numbers of repeat customers like yourselves that is testament to the high quality service that we provide at the Hotel.

The team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Tel: +353 (0)56 7723388
Mob: +353 (0)87 1319511
Fax: +353 (0)56 7723389

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is wonderful! Staff were very friendly and helpful,hotel smelled nice and homely, spotlessly clean, lovely room with comfy bed, breakfast was one of the best I've ever had in a hotel. Location is brilliant! Right in the middle of everything. I've stayed at Newpark and Hotel Kilkenny before but this hotel tops both of them for location, ambience, value for money and staff. Recommended!!

Room Tip: To be fair, we didnt pick a deluxe room, just a standard but still had a side view of the castle and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Foomom,

From all the team at the River Court I would like to thank you for posting such a positive review and for your wonderful comments. All of the team are very proud of the fantastic reputation that the hotel has both locally and nationally.

The location and décor of the hotel provides a warm atmosphere and ambience, but as you stated it is the staff and quality of service that sets us apart from others. We take great care in providing our guests with an experience that they expect. It is our people that are our greatest asset and as General Manager I am very fortunate to have staff that have the drive and passion required to provide a high level of service at all times.

Once again a sincere thank you for your fantastic comments, I know all of the staff will be delighted to read your comments. Such positive reviews and feedback are testament to the hard work and passion for the business that resonates from all the team at the River Court Hotel.

I look forward to meeting with you personally on your next visit to Kilkenny and the River Court.

Warmest regards from all the team

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our stay at the River Court Hotel was fantastic. We had no reservations and upon arrival we asked for a nice room. They gave us a suite for 20Euros more then the standard room. The suite was luxurious, spacious and had a wonderful view of Kilkenny Castle. The staff was friendly and seemed to be keenly interested in making our stay pleasant and carefree. We asked for a late checkout and it was freely allowed. The River Court Hotel is a true example of Irish hospitality and warmth at it's best. My only negative would be the 5Euro charge for parking but given the central location, it is understandable.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenmar5,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the River Court Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the comforts and fantastic views from our Castle view suites.

We strive provide a professional but very friendly service at all times and it is heart-warming to know that we are a true example of Irish hospitality at its best. We believe that success is in the small details and I know that all of the team will be delighted to read your very warm and positive comments.

As parking is at a premium in Kilkenny we feel that our charges are reasonable considering the location of the Hotel. I hope that you had a very safe trip home and I look forward to welcoming you back to the River Court in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the river court hotel we knew straight away that it was the hotel we were looking for.Everyone that was at our wedding had a ball and the hotel was stunning.Every piece of food was divine and all our guests commented on the food been so good.The staff are so friendly and attentive.They are a credit to the hotel.The atmosphere in the hotel was relaxed.It was really a pleasure.We had an amazing Wedding Day.Thanks to all the management and staff for all there help.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear deelalor,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. All of the team at the Hotel would again like to express their congratulations to you both and to say how much a pleasure it was looking after yourselves and all of your guests on your very special day.

Weddings are certainly something that we do very well at the Hotel. The location, ambience and the high quality of food and service are just some attractions in booking a wedding at the Hotel. We are so proud that we lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed every minute of your wedding day. A wedding is the most important day of any couples life and we are very aware that every little detail of the day needs to be perfect.

I know all of the management and the staff take great pride in the high standards that we provide and they will all be delighted to read your wonderful review. From all the team I wish you both a very long and happy life together, enjoy every minute of your life together.

We all look forward to seeing you both again. Thank you again for all of your kind words.

gm@rivercourthotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great hotel - have been travelling here for years - either for a good meal on the way through, for a quick business meeting, or when time permits for a bit of weekend indulgence.
Great location - nice and central to all that Kilkenny has to offer, plus the food, service and rooms are always top class.
Now with the extension of the car park they always have ample parking - and the Bar Lunch is both excellent and well priced.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Castle view - it's stunning
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Pad0303,

Thank you for posting your recent review of the River Court Hotel and for your very much appreciated support over the years. It is always a true sign of a great Hotel when you see the high levels of repeat customers that we have at the Hotel.

I am delighted that you have experienced and enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel, from our facilities for conferences to our high quality in-house dining menus. I am also delighted that on occasion you have used the Hotel to relax and unwind. All of our customers are very dear to us at the Hotel and we appreciate all of the support and business over the years.

I know the team will be delighted to read your very positive review. Please ask for me personally on your next visit to the River Court so as I may ensure that your next visit will be just as enjoyable as previous ones.

Once again thank you from all the team for such a positive review.

gm@rivercourthotel.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the River Court Hotel in August 2012 and had a fantastic time. I have been going there now for several years. In the past, I tried numerous other hotels both in Ireland and abroad but not one can compare to it. The location is excellent as it is tucked away in its own private grounds overlooking the castle but at the same time you are in the centre of the city. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in the dinning room at breakfast and enjoying the view (in addition to a delicious breakfast). I have to mention the homemade brown bread as I've never tasted anything like it. The food and choice is excellent and staff just cannot do enough to help. I stayed for one night on 31 October with members of my family and had been there just three months prior to that i.e. 12 August during Arts Week. I actually wrote a review in August.

I am already planning another trip with some of my family again between Christmas and New Year and we are all really looking forward to it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Diane R,

A sincere thank you for your valued custom over the years and for your very warm and positive reviews and comments. It is always a real pleasure meeting our regular guests like yourself. Your review highlights the reasons why our customers keep coming back, the location, exceptional staff and customer care and a high quality service.

As you stated in your review our award winning restaurant has spectalur views of Kilkenny castle and sits just on the banks of the river, it is always a pleasure watching guests enjoying the atmosphere created by the wonderful team at the Hotel.

As General Manager I am very fortunate to be working with such a passionate group of people. They are fully aware of the true values of customer care and I know are so proud of all that they have achieved with-in the Hotel. Yes the Hotel is in a perfect location, but it is the people working with-in its walls that really sum up all of what the Hotel is.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the chef’s homemade brown bread; I hope that the recipe that I sent you for the brown bread worked out. I personally look forward to meeting you after Christmas; I have a very nice room set aside for you.

Warmest regards and again thank you for your continued support and custom.