“Perfect location, Perfect host!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mena House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilkenny
Mena House B&B
Ranked #5 of 77 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect location, Perfect host!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Mena house is beautifully situated within walking distance of the sights of Kilkenny. The accommodations were immaculate, the breakfast was superb, and Catherine was the most delightful lady. She is informative of the area, extremely helpful, and makes one feel that you're a part of her family. Will go back here if ever I can return to Kilkenny.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at Mena House for one night last week, May 22. Katherine was welcoming, very helpful and kind. The room was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was simply delicious. There were lots of fruits offered and we were treated with respect and kindness. Katherine was super helpful with directions, advices on what to see and what no to miss. Would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in Ireland last April enjoying a holiday by myself and stayed at Mena House in my 3rd night on the country. After being in Dublin, this B&B and Kilkenny were a great choice. Catherine is great, very friendly and so helpful with all the directions how to move around the town, where to go to enjoy good food and/or traditional Irish music, and other things to do around Kilkenny, just ask and she will be willing to help you. Even before my arrival, we exchanged some emails with some of my questions and she even went to the Tourist office to get some information I needed about tours.
My room was super comfortable, the bed big enough for me and everything very clean.
The food is excellent! Everyday I tried different things for breakfast: pancakes, Irish breakfast and the salmon was my favorite! The place is a walking distance from downtown Kilkenny and from Train station where also some buses arrive there.
Maybe for older people or whoever doesn't like to walk, it will find it a bit far, but as in my other reviews, I love to walk and is a way to explore and get around without expending a lot of money.
The price is very reasonable but remember to have cash with you as is not possible to pay with credit card.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Carleton Place
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We and another couple stayed at Mena House on the first night of our too-brief holiday in Ireland. It was an excellent B&B for our first night in the country. Our room was spacious and very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Katherine welcomed us and gave us information about where to go, what to see, where to eat and how to get around. The B&B was easy to find on a main road, but still quiet for a good night's sleep. It was a relatively brief walk into historic Kilkenny. We had a delicious breakfast of both cold buffet (fruits, yogurt, scones, pains, cereals, etc.) and choice of hot cooked (oatmeal, full Irish, etc.) in a beautifully appointed room overlooking the lovely garden. Yes, the bathroom was a bit small, but it was super clean. I would definitely recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We had the front room on the main floor -- it was very large and had a full-sized (queen?) bed plus...
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at this B & B recently -I was attending an event in the Newpark Hotel, directly accross the road. It was an excellent choice, it was quite late when I checked in but this was not a problem. Room was clean & comfortable. The breakfast was amazing, delicious pancakes, fresh fruit - best I have had!! I didn't have cash when departing and they do not have a facility for credit card payment - there was no panic Katherine just said to drop it in later which I did. Would highly recommend this B & B, well priced, excellent friendly service, fabulous breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Norton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here on our second night of our 10 day trip. Catherine was so friendly; she gave us several dinner options in town, great directions to get there and great ideas of what sites to see! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and overall our stay was fabulous. Breakfast was great as well! Our only gripe was the very small bathroom with the heat right next to the toilet. A little harder to go to the bathroom when you are over 6 feet tall and broad. Regardless of the bathroom, I do very much recommend this B&B

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a reunion in a the nearby hotel Newpark (just across the road) and made the great decision to stay in Mena House. Half the price, great room, spottless clean and the best breakfast we had served in a long time. Delicious fresh berries and fruit and a great full Irish! Taxi to Kilkenny Centre was €6.00. Definetly recommend this B&B.

1 Thank Cath1803