“Our favorite B&B of our trip”
Review of Mena House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilkenny
Mena House B&B
Ranked #4 of 74 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a wonderful trip to Ireland, we stayed in different b&bs and Mena House was our favorite!The rooms were lovely, good sized rooms, very clean and so comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, the dining room overlooking the garden, the perfect way to start a day of travel. Katherine couldn't have been more helpful, we wanted to experience some live music with dinner and she provided us with recommendations, map and directions. The food was excellent and the entertainment fun. If any of my friends or family were traveling to Ireland, I'd send them to Katherine at Mena House

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was the first B&B we visited when going to Ireland and it was very homey and the owner Katherine a delight. She gave us tons of information on things to do and we had a delightful breakfast before heading off. Very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at Mena House for one night as we were attending an event in Kilkenny. We were absolutely delighted with our choice of B&B. It was in a great location, the room was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable, our breakfast was delicious and above all else, our host, Katherine, was so good to us. It was much nicer than staying in a hotel as the rooms were beuatiful and there was the added personal touch from Katherine herself. We felt so welcome from the minute we stepped in the door. We will definitely be staying there again and I would thoroughly reccommend Mena House for anyone looking for excellent accomodation in Kilkenny.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne Marie T
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Traveling alone in Ireland, it was my first time in Europe as well and so I chose Mena House because it had such great reviews. I was not disappointed. A warm inviting room at night and a hearty, delicious breakfast each morning. I am so thankful I chose Mena House over any other B&B in Kilkenny. I was having some serious problems with the vehicle I had rented and Mena House's proprietress, Katherine, offered to help me out. She graciously loaned me her phone to call the rental agency and encouraged me throughout my conversation so that I was able to work things out successfully. She also encouraged me to choose and book a B&B near the airport in advance. My trip could easily have ended up being a complete disaster without her assistance. She went well beyond the call of duty in helping me and I will be forever grateful to her. I truly hope I will have another opportunity to visit Kilkenny and will make certain to book my stay at Mena House.

Room Tip: Use the B&B website or book directly with the B&B owner's website but, depending on the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Donna D
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at Mena House for 1 evening and and recommend the establishment. Katherine was very friendly and helpful with everything and gave us some advice for places to go see in the area and place to have supper. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. Very homely atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Colleen N
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our first night on our way through southern Ireland, and Katherine, the proprietor of Mena House has such an expansive knowledge of not just Kilkenny but all of Ireland, that she damn near helped us plan the rest of our trip! Breakfast was incredible, and the rooms were huge. We can't thank her enough or recommend Mena House any higher.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Katherine operates an excellent B&B. Besides being a very comfortable place to stay, the breakfast was outstanding. Katherine is a font of knowledge on tourism, not only in Kilkenny, but throughout Ireland. We showed her our planned route and she gave us great recommendations on places to go off of the beaten path which we wanted to do. Cannot recommend Mena House and Katherine highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends