All reviews spring hill kids club leisure centre swimming pool bar food family room ring road function room food was lovely kilkenny city stayed for two nights rooms were spotless hen party wedding reception last weekend great weekend top class
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2018

A clean and well maintained hotel with very good bar food and an extremely helpful night porter for your late night food and drinks. The rooms are a decent size and the staff pleasant and helpful. The hotel is a little way out of town, however a €12 for 4 adults covered the cost of trip( the taxi can be booked at reception at no charge)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Grecian1953
Emma-Jayne E, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Dear Grecian1953,

Thank-you for your lovely review and for taking the time to share this with us.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to the night team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend in March. WiFi in room didn't work however room was lovely. Too warm in rooms at night so had the window open but we were woken early in the morning by noise outside the window of workers throwing out bottles etc. Food was good went to the buffet. Some staff were amazing found one or two (working in the bar) to he very rude and unhelpful. Had a massage in the spa. To be honest furthest thing from a spa I've ever seen. The massage itself was brilliant but was brought straight in (no robes, no consultation forms) and brought straight back out after (no refreshments) waiting area for here looked more like a doctors waiting room not a bit relaxing. Average stay for price

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin R

Dear Kevin R,

Thank-you Kevin for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I would like to apologise for the fact one of our barmen was rude to you, I can assure you we do not tolerate this behaviour and as you can see from most of reviews the staff here are always polite and friendly.
I have passed on your comments to the Spa as this company is separate from the hotel.
If you are ever planning to revisit Kilkenny in the near future please contact me directly and I will organise your reservation for you.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel soon,

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Pros:
We got a large, recently renovated room
Strong wifi signal. Free
Free parking
5 minutes from city center
Strong water pressure in the shower.
Friendly staff.
Price

Cons:
The water in the shower does not get hot enough.
Not the most comfortable bed I have slept on.
Safe did not work.
GPS from Garmin sent us to a bed & breakfast twice.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lgoncalves

Dear Igoncalves,

Thank-you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I do apologise for the temperature of the shower and I have just installed two new boilers and the water is piping hot.
It was great to read that overall you did enjoy your stay here with us and that you found the team to be friendly.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

I think the hotel is on the process of updating as public areas are lovely but our room was not like the pictures it was very out of date and the paint was chipping from the wall next to the desk, I think they just gave us a bad room when they saw we were a young couple. The staff were lovely every member we had contact with was very pleasant and friendly but when we had lunch in the bar when we arrived (just sandwiches) the poor waiter was rushed off his feet it was tasty but cold and no one came to check on us or asked us including the manager when paying but I don’t want to make an issue out of it as I could see it was busy but the following morning we where woken by loud banging in the rooms upstairs when we mentioned it at reception on the way for our treatments (that were amazing only thing giving the hotel a 3* review) we got no apology were just told yes we are working on the rooms upstairs. We had late check out included in our package but when we got back to the room the banging was louder so we just left and won’t be returning. I think the hotel market a much older crowd and would be great for anyone over the age of 60

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank EdinburghAsh

Dear EdinburghAsh,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was disappointed to read your experience, we are currently refurbishing our bedrooms and I should have been notified by the team that you were disturbed by the noise of the builders during your stay.
If at all possible if you could contact me directly I would be very grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience with you directly.
You can contact me at any stage on the email address below.

I look forward to hearing from you and I would like to apologise for any frustration we may have caused you in what should have been an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Booked a good value break (three nights for price of two plus one evening meal).
Checked in very efficiently receptionist very friendly. Room was okay looked like it had been refurbished it was comfortable.
Food was good restaurant was closed so had food in bar young barman was very good but there is a slightly older barman just make sure he takes your room number down ok(see later in review).food was good good selection at breakfast. Leidure centre good.
Now on checkout got our bill and there was a bar tab on our bill that wasnt ourwehad only spent 11 euro or so on two drinks but there was an extra bill for 15 euro it had our room number but wasnt my signature re my coment on older barman he must have misheard somone elses room number do be carefull check your bill st checkout. It was sorted efficiently and the young man on reception apologised which was ok.
Would recommend for a short stay not to far from town we walkef in about 20 mins walk.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 70beckyboo

Dear 70beckyboo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay.
I would like to sincerely apologise that we over charged you in the bar and I have addressed this with the team to make sure that our guests show their charge card and to not just take a room number.
I was delighted to read that overall you did enjoy your stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.