“Very clean, rooms could do with refurbishment, furniture very scuffed. Very friendly staff”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

When I first rang to book, on a Saturday, I was told that there would be nobody there to take my booking until Monday and they would ring me back then. I found this a bit unusual but they did call me back on Monday.
The hotel is a bit out of the city and you would need a taxi in and out, we were at a wedding so the location wasn't a problem but for anybody wanting to go in and out of town it could get expensive. Though there are probably busses.
The room was clean, the furniture was very scuffed and dated. The bathroom was nice and was spotless. Very little hot water and what was there wasn't exactly hot. Comfortable bed and I had a good sleep.
Breakfast was fine, the sausages didn't look great but they tasted fine, I am aware that its difficult to have everything perfect for buffet breakfast. There was a good selection of fruit, cereal, breads and juices .
I thought everything was good for what we paid - €99 incl breakfast on a bank holiday weekend. Can't go wrong with that.
I would stay again if it were closer to the city centre as I would probably end up paying more in taxis than I would if I stayed in the city centre

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Was in the hotel for a few days last week with my daughter and have to say it was probably one of the best holidays we have had in Ireland. Donna was fantastic and so helpful when booking- couldnt have done enough!!! Reception staff so friendly and welcoming. Bedroom was abit dated but the lesuire facilities more then made up for it! The kids club is a life saver for one parent as it gave an hour or 2 for a breather and the kids club staff were also brilliant! Richie in the bar is such a gent and fantastic with the kids! Your staff are a credit to your hotel. Have talked about how great your hotel is to anyone who will listen and my sister has booked for next week since! Cant wait to return- Well done to you all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Ashling

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you and your daughter had such a great time at our hotel recently. I’m also thrilled that you had the chance to experience the restaurant, bar and leisure facilities that the hotel has to offer. Furthermore I’m glad to hear that your daughter enjoyed our Lenny the Lion Kids Club which proves very popular with our younger guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and the recommendation you gave to your sister and we look forward to greeting you again soon at the Springhill Court Hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

having checked in at three, i went for a swim the hot tub was broken.
the service was awful at dinner, we had to wait fifteen minutes to order and a further twenty for our plates to be cleared. it seemed like they had plenty staff on but they just didn't know what they were doing. the sockets in our room tripped twice, due to a bad kettle, while the manger was nice and rectified the situation promptly it was quite annoying.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ken w
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ken

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel and I would appreciate if you might contact me directly here at the hotel or at my email address, socarroll@springhillcourt.com

Kind regards

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel staff were very helpful and the staff were very nice. We were a family of six and the were able to accommodate us in one room. The rooms are very basic, but clean. The price was very good and the pub was fun. While not upscale by any means it is a good place to stay for an overnight in Kilkenny.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your brief stay with us and in particular the service you received from our staff. I look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We (myself, my partner, our two kids and my mother-in-law) stayed for three nights at this hotel just at the end of July. We did enjoy our break and the hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly and extremely professional. But unfortunately the room that we were staying in was disappointing. I am sorry to say the word "shabby" is the only word I can use to describe it. There were net curtains on the windows (which did not open too easily) that were grey. The bedroom itself was dark and furniture was dated. The bathroom also was dark, with horrible wooden panels around the sink area and the shower was constantly dripping. And the fan for the shower was very noisy. The tiles around the bath were black with mildew. Also the door was very hard to open (had to pull it very hard to get it open as it got stuck). We did draw a member of the cleaning staff's attention to it and it was fixed but there was no handle on it when it was fixed.
As I said however we did enjoy our time on the break, food in the hotel was lovely and there was a great choice. It was a pity though that room was such a disappointment as when you come into the hotel initially the reception is bright and modern. It is an huge issue in my opinion which should be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eve031
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night with a group of girls. We originally booked a room for three and then the hotel agreed to change us to a four. The room was plenty big and clean. The hotel itself is a little grubby. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of food and choice. The swimming pool was nice if a little small.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room at the back if you want a lie in as the hotel is on a busy road, w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time to post a review of your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and utilised the restaurant and leisure facilities. I’m also delighted that you found the staff at our hotel to be friendly and courteous and will be sure to pass this on to them.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Besides Kilkenny voted 9 best friendliest city in the world, I agree and add that the staff in this hotel were the friendly and very helpful from the moment we arrived. The bar staff were very busy , but took the time to chat and were very helpful giving us advise on places to visit. Food was lovely in restaurant and bar,it was affordable and offered a varied menu. We had lovely weather to add to our stay. The manager appeared to be working around the clock, and again took the time to speak to guests ensuring all was ok. We intend to bring our young nephews for a break to this hotel as it also has great offers for families with lots to do for the children. Great value, great venue, exceptional staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret M

Dear Margaret

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and most importantly its fantastic to hear that you had a great service experience while availing of our bar and restaurant facilities. Our team work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share those kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming yourself and your nephew back in the not too distant future and hope you will have a repeat of the experience you just had.