Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel recently. The receptionist was lovelyand very efficient. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean with crisp bed linen. The decor was vey nice, The room was to the front of the hotel and was bright and airy. Plenty of hot water for baths/shower. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room with plenty of milk supplied. The corridors down to reception and all the hotel was spotlessly clean. Breakfast the following morning was hot, fresh and plenty of staff on duty to get anything you want. Service was excellent.I would defintely go back to this warm, friendly hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 227 lovely
1 Thank mkenny65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel for the Mr Personality festival!
Everything was great! Staff were friendly and our room was simple but clean.
Breakfast served until 11.30 - 12 which was great compared to other hotels. Never ate in the hotel in the evening expect for the informal gala and the meal was gorgeous and great service for such a big event!
The two nights of the event went into the wee hours of the morning with entertainment still being provided another thing that isnt common in other hotels - We all had a brilliant weekend!
If your looking to go into Kilkenny itself its just a short journey in (5mins) by taxi that the receptionists will be happy to organise for you.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed her with a group of friends. We were greeted by friendly and efficient receptionists however the small room was disappointing. The bathroom in particular was extremely small and awkward with a pathetic shower.

Bar staff were friendly however the bar itself lacked any charm or charisma. The restaurant was very poor. Of 10 of us, none of us seemed happy with our meal, the service was slow and the food awful..

The hairdressers was nice though!

2 Thank CJMM77

Travelers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I thought it was great. As soon as we steeped through the door we were greater by a warm sure from the girl at reception. The room was really nice, good size bathrooms etc. the pool was lovely too. Breakfast was great and the bar/ restaurant food was top notch. We got a sandwich at the bar with fillings of our choice and it was to die for.

I will definitely be back again

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back because the road was a little noisy, it didn't bother me but it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank clairel154
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm sorry to say this hotel is just simply one to avoid. The rooms are dingy and musty and the food is awful. the reception staff were very friendly and clearly try to make up for the fact they are handing you a key to a horrible smelly room! I had an extremely unpleasant incident at the leisure centre with a member of the staff. Wrote to the manager when I got home; got a reply to say he would review the situation with the staff member and get back to me. I never heard back..... While that incident was unpleasant, it is not the reason I rate this hotel so poorly. It so badly needs refurbishment. Avoid.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TravelbugCF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival of this hotel I was quite worried as it looked dated on the outside but when we walked into the hotel you could actually see how beautiful it was.

Myself my husband and 3 children aged 4,8,12 thoroughly enjoyed our stay here from the 26th-28th of March.

Our check in was very efficient and the receptionist was quite helpful in telling us the facilities of the hotel as well as the times we could avail of these.

We were checked into room 125 which was clean and comfortable. There was renovations going on in hotel rooms along the corridor but we never heard a sound.

On our first night we ate in the bar and I have to say for my 4 year old daughter to clear the plate was very impressive as she is very fussy. The food was very taste. Michael the bar manager was very helpful, there was only one TV in the bar and we were all hoping to watch the match. Michael kindly accommodated us by moving a table and chairs closer to the TV so we could watch the Ireland match.

On our second day we got to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. The kids really enjoyed the pool. I really liked how attentive the staff were, my son whom nearly drowned 2 years ago only went as far as the toddler pool and the staff could see how nervous he was and kept a close eye on him. The kids also availed of the kids club for two hours and really enjoyed the cocktail making. I really appreciated the personal touch and thank the hotel for the photos they had taken and left for us the next morning of the kids during the cocktail making.

We also enjoyed a nice meal in the restaurant. The time between each course was very efficient and really appetising.

Overall the stay we had was excellent and the staff were a credit to the hotel. I would highly recommend this for families and I for one will hopefully travel back down for another stay in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived through to check out, it was a catalogue of disappointments and shocking service. I had booked a two night stay. Cracked tiles in the bathroom, a TV positioned to the left of the bed preventing full view of the screen and no drawer space. When we came to the restaurant for dinner, which was pre-booked, it was closed. We had no alternative but to eat in the large bar which was cold without character or atmosphere. The food was appalling, cold and overcooked steak (charred). We sent back our deserts (apple pie) to have them re-heated. The waiter failed to open an expensive bottle of wine without tearing the label off completely! He explained it was his practice to check if the neck of the bottle was cracked!! The list goes on.. I felt very strongly about the stay and the experience to write to the General Manager within days of returning home (Feb 22nd). To date I have not had an acknowledgment. I will not be returning and I can not under any circumstance recommend this hotel. I was on crutches and no assistance was offered at anytime to help with our luggage.

Room Tip: Check before booking as to it's location to the lift. We had a very long walk, stairs to climb a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple