Zuni Hotel
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
$275
$267
Hotels.com
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$191
$301
$270
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$191
$185
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$201
Agoda.com
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
$257
$230
Travelocity
$278
$207
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$144
TripAdvisor
Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
HotelQuickly
All reviewsgreat locationsmall hotelcar parkirish hotelskilkenny castlethe heart of the citycentral locationincluded breakfastnext morningbed was very comfortablegreat roomnight portera great place to staystayed nightsstaff were lovelynight stayfull irish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked Zuni Hotel a couple of months ago for my friends hen party in Kilkenny. For the very beginning they were extremely helpful and accommodating.
As well as booking 15 ladies into the hotel we arranged an evening meal in the Zuni Restaurant.

We arrived on Saturday 25th August, check in was very early and quick. The bedrooms were lovely (very modern, clean and spacious).

We had dinner in the front part of the restaurant and the service and meal were excellent.

All the staff were so friendly and bent over backwards to ensure we all enjoyed our stay.

I would highly recommend Zuni Hotel to anybody looking to stay in Kilkenny.

We look forward to our next visit!

Ruth

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RuthMorton
Reviewed August 21, 2012

"beat up room" is my first and last thought on the topic of Zuni.
The people were nice and the food was good. I suggest you pick a different hotel and go here for dinner.

We stayed in 6 different hotels on our Ireland trip. This was the not the cheapest nor the most expensive - just the most disappointing - Even the halls needed new trim and paint. Every time I road the lift - I thought it was ready to breakdown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed for six nights at the Zuni while attending a conference in Kilkenny. I found the staff friendly but not invasive, the room basic, but clean and roomy (I had a single.) My room faced the courtyard/parking lot in the back of the hotel and was quiet.

Breakfast was excellent. Don't miss the salmon Eggs Benedict if it's on offer. I also had tea in the cafe one afternoon. The pie (really more like cake if you're American) was beautifully presented and delicious.

You really can't ask for a better location if you plan to visit the shopping district, Kilkenny Castle, and most of the other Kilkenny attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Friendly staff, efficient service and minimalist decor were the hallmark of our stay - indeed I felt the decor: white, minimalist and modern was a most welcome change from typical hotel presentation. The room was basic yet comfortable and the location quiet although we were there on a Sunday. There is little to fault here although be aware that the facilities are basic and while the hotel is not that old, the facilities look tired and little worn with paint needing updating and finger prints and make marks on the bathroom doors suggest a little more exertion on cleaning but I'm being picky.

Breakfast was most delightful eggs benedict ; staff were most helpful and given it was a stay on necessity and not luxury this place sufficed... don't expect it to be all that glamorous though; is pretty and functional - suits it's purpose!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having lived in Kilkenny over 7 years ago, I knew Zuni was always an excellent restaurant but after my recent meals I think it has even improved over the years.
I organised a hen party last April in Zuni where we ate in the restaurant as well as stayed in the Hotel .The accommodation was so nice. We stayed in the suite, a really funky room with high ceilings, chandelier and white leather couch and hugh bed. Paul and Stephen were so easy to deal with and professional. There was a big group for the meal but we were seated in the front of the restauarant so as not to disturb the other diners and it was ideal. The food was just excellent Goats Cheese and Beetroot salad, Pork Belly with Asian Coleslaw and Homemade Jaffa Cake for dessert. Everyone was so impressed with the meal.
A group of 8 girls ate there last Saturday night and it was superb once again. Spicy chicken salad, Hake with Haddock fish balls and the most divine turkish delight cheesecake with rosewater and chocolate ice cream. Most of the group went for the scallops and curried cauliflower mash and were still raving about it the following day. I wish Zuni continued success and I only wish we had this standard of choice in Cork City. Avril, Cork

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends