Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel
$222
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$205
$184
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$183
  • Restaurant
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$154
$136
Hotels.com
$296
$204
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$153
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsleft banklate barthe penthousecentral locationlovely hotelcentre of towncar parkhen partywould highly recommend this hotellovely roombreakfast was includedtop classhotel barenjoyed my staylast weekendtwo night staycooked breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is the first review I have written on Tripadvisor but felt obliged to do so as previous reviews did not do the hotel justice.
My friend and I were staying on a saturday night. We were not expecting much - just wanted a good base to enjoy the Kilkenny nightlife but we were very pleasantly surprised.
The check in was very easy and the staff were all very courteous. We ate in the hibernian bar to enjoy the rugby which was on at the time and again the waiting staff were very attentive even though we were just having drinks.
We later ate in the hotel restaurant that evening and the food was of a very high gourmet standard.
As for the room it was a very large and spacious double. Plenty of bathroom and wardrobe space. We were on the third floor so we didn't experience any noise from the bar/club downstairs. Admittedly we were kept awake by a few other rowdy guests but the night staff did make attempts to calm them down.
Our breakfast the next morning was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed the french toast and the fresh fruit salad available. Very surprised at the range of choice.
All in all, will definitely stay here again for a girl's weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leontia M
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had 2 barmeals here during Arts Week and have been coming here for lunch since the hotel opened. My wife and I always enjoy the food and the atmosphere.The service can be a little haphazard but the staff are always pleasant. The dressing on the sidesalads was noticeably good this trip.We prefer it to Langtons these days

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank erskinechilders
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We used to be a regular guests in the Hibernian Hotel, at least one day a week we would had lunch in the bar. Recently we went there again as usuall for a little lunch. Service OK, however food was dretfull. I have ordered a steak sandwich and asked to be cooked Medium Rare, I got very well done. I asked a waittres to get new one but MR, second came well done as well. My feelings were that this was actually the same steak, just on the new plate. On top of that I almost choke myself with full anise star mixed with onions on the steak sandwich. Few days later I said to myself I go again as usually it was ok, i did order a salmon from the day's special, it was awfull, dry. the waiter did not really care, i was seating outside as there was a nice weather, i had feelings he is actully watching me so I wont escape without paying. It should not happened with the regular guests.
IN general food far below average, staff depends on who is working. no management on the floor, definitely not when there is a problem.
Will not come back, very dissapointing.
My advise, if you are looking for a nice meal go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Aga1980
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night.On checking in we had high hopes for this hotel. The entrance sadly was the best bit. After checking in and going to the room we were a little disappointed with what was a very out dated room. The bed looked nice but sadly on further inspection we noticed that our king sized bed was nothing more than two beds together (which is standard practice in Europe). The bed linen and pillow were weathered and in need of some love and care. When you do check in make sure not to get a room at the front of the hotel as you hear everything that happens during the night (not everyone loves a drunk singer!!!). Overall very disappointing and not even a free night could get us to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlanD83
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a front room looking out on the main drag with a view of the Castle as well.
Really nice hotel with flowers on window boxes and great food in hotel and in the bar.
Very old world, shopping good close to some great golf courses. Will definately go again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple