See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed for two nights. We loved the bar and the food was good. Staff were really friendly and generally there was a nice athmosphere in the hotel. We didn't expect much in relation to the accommodation because it is only a one star but to be perfectly honest I don't think the rooms are very well cleaned. Tiles in bathroom were dirty and stained. There is huge room for improvement. I was surprised that the room wasn't cleaned during our stay at all. The breakfast was good if you enjoyed fried food. I didn't and was looking forward to at least a semi healthy option. There was none really. No healthy cerial - only choice was cornflakes or rice crispies. I can't eat either. There was no fruit or yogurt. The orange juice was carton juice which I hate. I guess I don't expect them to have a proper juicer in a one star hotel but there is no excuse for not having other cerials/fruit/yogurts. This is a regretfull but honest review all for the sake of a bit of effort.

Room tip: This hotel is a great place for a weekend away with a large group of friends where room comfort is low on the list of priorities but price is high.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2011

No complaints. Nice choice in the menu down stairs. Everyone enjoyed the stay and I look forward to booking again should we head to Kilkenny for a another weekend.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The accomodiation was down right filthy, the dust on the carpets (next to the skirting) was unbelieveable, it was white. Carpets were grotty in general, Spare pillow was a disgrace, linen on the beds was crisp and looked fine, top blanket was again in need of a boil.
Our window didn't lock, bathroom was ok, nice tiles, no light though and although we asked for it to be fixed ( a new bulb most likely) we were ignored.
The door handles had bene replaced with handles but although the shape was very different they hadn't bothered to paint the doors. I saw a cleaner with a hoover and just cannot believe it was ever used.
Nice bar downstairs, good menu, huge portions and well priced, bit greasy but it was fine.
With the bedrooms being so dirty you'd wonder if the kitchen was the same and that takes from the meal.
Give the place a thorough clean and paint the doors, then it would be ok.

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Really nice rooms. They were spotless. Bar staff were really nice and chatty. Also had tons of answers for every question we had about places to see. The mixed grill is amazing!! If I'm ever back in Kilkenny, this is where I'm going.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Dull rooms ,not dusted in months. Bathroom had hair all over the floor , i had to pull lumps of ??hair out of the bath so the water could run out.
Entrance a mess . I repeat dont touch this one
We would have walked right out when we got there but we were exhausted and needed to rest

Date of stay: July 2009