“Very enjoyable stay”
Review of Club House Hotel

Club House Hotel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised during our stay at the hotel having read some poor reviews. The staff were very friendly and gave very good advice on music sessions in the city and where to visit the following day. The food was excellent both for dinner in the evening and for breakfast the following day. The room was clean and perfect for all we needed such as shower, towels etc. The hotel is old and the décor reflects this and it feels like stepping back in time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading all the bad reviews The Club House Hotel got I must admit I wasn't looking forward to staying there. I stayed for two nights with my younger sister and chose it purely because it was the cheapest option we had for the August Bank Holiday. I've lots of friends who live in KK and so I've nearly stayed in every hotel in the town at this stage. Trust me when I say this hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. The customer service was great, when we arrived we were welcomed and our bags were brought to our room without having to ask. The hotel is dated but I think it really adds to the Medieval City vibe. It's clean and extremely pretty with Victorian wallpaper, portraits, chandelliers and giant mirrors. The location is spot on also. It's right in the middle of everything so no taxis required. Breakfast was gorgeous also partying wasn't a problem (We staggered in both nights at around 3am and the doorstaff were a good laugh) The only problem with this hotel is that there are no lifts so ask for a room near the groundfloor if you can. Also some of the rooms were quite small (I had a good old nose when the cleaners were sorting them out) Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel and I will certainly be back. Staff were great, hotel was so different to anywhere I've ever stayed and the breakfast did the job. Perfect for what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the ground floor as there are no lifts! Also try and get a room with a double an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel in such detail for other travellers to read. I was so happy to read all your lovely comments about the hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Club House Hotel in the near future

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here Last night with my friends the place is nice abit old fashioned but the rooms were nice abit of a maze to find the rooms all in all not bad I'm not sure if it was worth the money we paid for it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2013

stayed for five nights.we loved it great staff great food.much nicer than all the new hotels great charm.
the hotel is in a great location right in the middle of kilkenny just walk out the door and everything is beside you no need to look for parking or taxis.we will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lester M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your views with other travellers. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the charm of the hotel.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Club House Hotel in the near future,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here last night - we stayed in room 9 only for we were only staying one night & were running late when we arrived I'd have ran out of the place !! Dated isn't the word - room hasnt been decorated since the 70s I'd say, horrific decor and a dingy stale feeling in there , cheap job on a slide bathroom door that doesn't close fully ?? Drippy tap and room right over when they change all the kegs etc so we were woken very early with all the racket. We didn't even shower here couldn't wait to leave the ugliest room I've ever stayed in !! Can't believe their allowing customers to sleep in it! We were disgusted to see the Hibernian a few doors down advertising rooms for €80 when we paid €70 for this place - never again!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we are very grateful to you for sharing your views. I was very disappointed to read your review and that you did not enjoy your stay in the hotel. We have been continuing the process of upgrading the hotels bedrooms, however there are a handful of rooms that are awaiting upgrading when funds allow, and we would hope that the remainder of the rooms will be completed soon.

It is evident from your review that you were very unhappy with your room, and should you wish to discus further I would be more than happy to do so, and can be contacted directly,

General Manager,
Tel: 056-7721994
manager@clubhousehotel.com

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just back from a 4 day stay with my husband, the hotel was just ok.. we had a meal in the hotel one night I had bellypork it was the worst thing I have eaten my whole stay..on them other hand the breakfasts were lovley.but a pot of coffee would have been better I felt the staff who were lovley had to much to do..

Room Tip: Ask for a front room we were to far back....to many stairs
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your views. I was disappointed to read some of your comments, particularly about the belly of pork from our new "Gathering Menu". I will most certainly be speaking to our head chef and kitchen staff about this as our new menu has proven very popular with our customers and I am surprised to hear that we had produced a dish that received such negative remarks.

I am very grateful to you for your comments, as we continually strive to improve our standards of food and service, and constructive criticism such as yours really helps us to achieve our goals.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you to the Club House Hotel again in the future and have the chance to redeem ourselves,

manager@clubhousehotel.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights B&B with dinner on 1 night,courtesy of my daughter and her boyfriend. The hotel was quite old but was clean and comfortable. It had all you needed for a short stay, including a bath, which you don't often find in modern hotels. We ate there one night and the food was really good, but the best part of the hotel was the staff. They were friendly, welcoming, informative and genuinely interested in making sure you had a good visit, not only to their hotel but to their city. Kilkenny itself is one of the most beautiful cities I have seen in Ireland, the castle is well worth the tour. You will love wandering down medieval streets and lanes and taking in the sights, all within walking distance of the central hotel. Make time for a visit to Kytelers bar for lunch, the Left Bank for a drink, the Black Abbey and the castle for a guided tour. I will be back to Kilkenny and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Club House Hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your views with other travellers. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Kilkenny so much and took in some of the many sights and visited some of our wonderful bars & restaurants. I was also glad to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Hotel and that our staff took such good care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Club House Hotel for your next visit to Kilkenny,

Club House Hotel,