“Top Class Family Friendly Hotel”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Top Class Family Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is fantastic, especially if it's a family party. Stayed there for three nights just after Christmas; we had a very young baby in the party and nothing was too much trouble. There's a fully equipped family room with fridge, microwave, TV, couch - they've really thought of everything. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful, warm and welcoming. It's a very busy hotel - two weddings during our stay, The swimming pool and spa facilities are just beautiful. Wouldn't recommend for a couple/romantic break (maybe Christmas is just family time anyway) but for family groups, just about perfect.

1 Thank cailinintach
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear cailinintach ,

Firstly I would like to thank you and your family for your recent visit to Newpark Hotel, it is thoroughly delightful to read your kind review.

The team is extremely proud to receive such feedback.

We at Newpark Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
d2
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a New Year family break and it was our best ever!
The hotel is about 10 min walk from town. Plenty of car parking spaces, hotel is modern and clean. Rooms are big and well fitted out with all mod cons expected. Reception is beautiful, bar is a great size with confortable chairs. Lovely atmosphere in there.
Swimming pool is great, nice and warm and a good size. The changing rooms are brill, big chairs for sitting and blow drying your hair, also 3 hairdresser hairdryers and a straightener.
Kids club was great, my 2 Boys didn't want to leave, the girls were great with them. Thanks x
Music in the bar each evening, food is a bit pricy but it's really good and great big portions. Drink is pricy as well, but service is fantastic and they are really nice to the kids, which makes a big difference to your holiday. Shane in the bar was fab, very attentive and nice. Also Jennifer who made the best hot chocolate ever!!! So my son said!
There was a very nice English waiter who served us dinner in the restaurant, the service was great and he was very nice, attentive but not intrusive.
New Years Eve started with a 20 min fireworks display followed by music in the bar. Then near midnight everyone got champagne, sambos and finger food.
Thanks so much it was our best ever, we will be back and will recommend. Your staff are a pleasure, well done xx

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank mbmoore
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear mbmoore,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your recent stay in Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and that you found the staff helpful and friendly and enjoyed all the Newpark has to offer.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great experience, hotel very busy including a large wedding.
Food and service was excellent which was pretty impressive considering the pressure the staff were under.
Similar experience at breakfast only problem was the bedroom was far too hot.
My second visit to this hotel and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a top quality hotel in Kilkenny....congratulations to staff and management on a very well run establishment

Room Tip: we were in room 278 which was quite a distance from Reception would look for a room in the newer sec...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TMPB ,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for writing a fantastic review.

Thank you very much for your praise of our hotel and I have shared your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for a large number of nights in recent months and find the staff to be wonderful - very accommodating. They remember your name and are always pleasant and happy to help. The facilities of the hotel are great - free parking, a lovely pool, spa and gym, so it is a great place to stay - especially if you are there for more than a night!

I would highly recommend it to anyone! :) Thanks to all the staff there for making the last 6 months feel like a home from home! :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear FiFiLaSparkle ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently in Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Family break for 2 nights... bar and waiting staff very accomodationg for food especially as we where travelling with 2 young children under 18months..at beckon call no matter the hour especially the gentleman who was on reception saturday night!!!!.
Pros--warm pool for children with lovely facilites for adults too, brilliant open plan reception area for relaxing in the evening with the children, fantastic kids club although our 2 where too young for it. But from speaking to other parents heard glowing reports. Family Room was spacious
Cons--No heating in our room even though we informed the reception staff and porter, which was not resolved especially with it being a cold december weekend with babies as well as not been able to dry swimsuits for babies for the pool, this was not satisfactory, but we managed, mentioned this to reception staff on departure to ensure no other family had to endure this, got an brief apology and the lady moved on which was less than satisfactory. Limited food menu in restaurant for adults.
Overall, would recommend it but shame about that final recognition of the hotel staff ability to deal with rooms problem once it was identified on 1st night. If this tiny issues where polished on may return with other family members and friends.

1 Thank deli85
Dear deli85 ,

Thank you for your recent review on Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted with your positive comments and while your constructive comments are appreciated I can assure you it’s our preference to deliver a consistent level of service to all of our guests while staying here at the Newpark.
I can assure you this is not the service standard we aim to deliver.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in person and I have listed my contact details below for you to do so at a time convenient to your schedule.

Coventry
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I, my wife and my two adult sons had a four-night stay at the Newpark (the first night being complimentary) from 23rd - 27th December. On arrival, we were checked in very promptly at reception. We then went to the bar for a meal which was unbelievably good. On Christmas Eve, we had a 5-course meal; Christmas Day, we had a beautiful lunch, and in the evening we had a delicious buffet. St Stephen's/Boxing Day, we had another 5-course meal, with breakfast each morning. Management and staff could not have done any more to make our stay better. Although the hotel was very busy, they seemed to make time for all guests. The only downside was the band on St Stephen's night were not up to the mark, however it did not detract from a very pleasant few days. We hope to return again next Christmas. Many thanks to all at the Newpark.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Edward_Phelan ,

Thank you very much for your praise of our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed the Christmas programme.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The staff here were lovely. Very helpful. Very friendly.

We got a family room and it did the job well.

My only disappointment was the breakfast: it was EXPENSIVE and, while not awful, it was dull and not functional. On our third day we went for breakfast at the Kilkenny design centre. It was far nicer and cheaper.

Dear ClarkeChing,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

Thank you for your kind comments on our staff.

Its disappointing that you did not enjoy your breakfast, I certainly appreciate receiving this feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving with the team.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to Newpark Hotel in the future.

Tel: 056 7760500