“Great for Kids”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
dublin
“Great for Kids”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel makes a lot of effort when it comes to Kids (We have a 1 year old and a 3 year old) The Pool is great, petting farm, play ground. The family kitchen was a real plus with mircowave for heating bottles, fridge and a very nice coffee machine! Close enough to walk to the center with buggies. Really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear HungryCrow ,

Thank you personally for choosing Newpark Hotel and also for your recent review.

Its lovely to hear that you & your family enjoyed all the facilities The Newpark has to offer.
I will be sharing your experience with all the team at Newpark Hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Thank You.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Batavia, IL
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My only issue with this place was the water pressure. This hotel is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. Actually, this was the nicest hotel we stayed in. I wish I had more time here to enjoy the spa and pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bmcclain04
Dear bmcclain04 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently in Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

I look forward to hearing from you.

cork
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We would visit Kilkenny a few times a year and our hotel of choice is always the Newpark. I find this hotel is extremely child-friendly which is very important when travelling with a 6 year old. We were here at Easter when the children made their own easter eggs and again at Halloween when the hotel was very magical with pumpkins and decorations. They also have a little farm that the children love and, of course, the swimming pool! The kids club in the evening runs from 7p.m. to 10p.m. and allows the parents to enjoy an evening meal in peace!!! We stayed in a superior room which was absolutely perfect. We booked the Spa Break Special which was great value. The staff were very pleasant and helpful as always. Can't wait to do a few days at Christmas!

Dear sunfun90,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Newpark Hotel. It is always great to see such positive feedback.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel again in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My sisters took my mother to Newpark Hotel for a weekend recently to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome, given early entry to rooms, everything we asked for was promptly delivered. Rooms were lovely and the hotel itself is well located and very comfortable. the Staff in the hotel make it special as everyone bent over backwards to serve. We had a very enjoyable weekend and would recommend it to others. We ate in Cafe Sol Bistro in Kilkenny city on Saturday night and had a great meal

Room Tip: there was a large wedding on Saturday night so our sleep was disturbed by loud wedding guests on the...
Dear MarJulDublin_Ireland ,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Halloween break

CHECK IN
Friendly and efficient staff

ROOMS
Superior family room was large modern and very clean

STAFF
All staff friendly with the exception of one young girl who served in the main bar on the Friday evening. Unlike all other staff she was very poor. A smile, greeting and thank you should be part of her training, or else her p45.

RESTAURANT
Fabulous staff, service and dinner

BAR
Majority good staff.
Good range of beers
Only improvement would be offering sandwiches between 12 and 2.30 in addition to the Carvery. We ate away from the hotel on 2 days because Carvery was the only option.

BREAKFAST
All fine. Only issue I found was that the bacon and sausages were cool each morning in the hot plates

FAMILY CLUB
Excellent family club and mini farm and small playground

LEISURE
Great leisure facilities. Kids loved the small kids pool

There were 2 excellent members of staff. One was a gentleman in the restaurant called Stephen, and another was a pleasant lady who organized for TV to be fixed and asked if all was ok with housekeeping after our kids had been ill.

In all a great family hotel. Just check on the girl in the bar area. She was possibly one of the worst members of staff that I have encountered in a hotel in years. Although, I do stress that staff were fantastic

• Stayed October 2013
Dear nirishweeman,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel and choosing to stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future, please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Newpark during a 10 day vacation to Ireland. It was the first stop on our trip after arrival in Dublin. We were a little disappointed with the hotel's distance from the city center, but quickly forgot about that as we were greeting by the outstanding reception staff. Our room was forever away from the lobby & not as updated as much of the hotel appeared to be, but it was clean and comfortable, perfectly adequate for what we needed. What made the Newpark stand out for me was breakfast on our first morning. I was still struggling with jet lag so my sister went to breakfast without me. I asked her to bring back a cup of tea and a piece of toast, if possible. Instead she returned with a tray, including a pot of tea, toast & a variety of other items that her waitress insisted I would need to feel better. Even after telling her I was simply tired, the waitress seemed most concerned with my well being. The next morning when we both arrived for breakfast the waitress hugged me and said she was pleased to see that I was feeling better...that was the moment I fell in love with Ireland! It's an amazing country, with breathtaking natural beauty, wonderful castles and history, great beer!, but it's the warmth of the people that is beyond explanation. We also had very positive experiences in the restaurant and pub. Our thanks to the Newpark Hotel for starting our vacation out right!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KPKC07
Dear Kandyce ,

Thank you for posting your recent review, its delightful to hear your enjoyed your experience with us.

I'm trilled the breakfast team welcomed you in our renowned hospitable manner.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to meet you personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This from my 10 year old son Eoin: "Most hotels focus on being posh, but unlike them this hotel focuses on the children and fun. I would recommend it on mid term Halloween because they do creepy cottage @ 2 o clock, don't be fooled by it's name it's great fun. Also they have a mini wildlife farm and a nature walk. I like this hotel because it's unique and great fun for kids of all ages".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Brian M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you and your son Eoin, for your kind words. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay.
The creepy cottage was a great hit with our little friends during mid-term. Its features like this we love providing to make a stay more memorial.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Newpark Hotel to offer our renowned hospitality.