Newpark Hotel
Hotels.com
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$169
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$191
$185
$309
$271
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$165
$158
Agoda.com
Hotelpower.com
2,104 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My sisters took my mother to Newpark Hotel for a weekend recently to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome, given early entry to rooms, everything we asked for was promptly delivered. Rooms were lovely and the hotel itself is well located and very comfortable. the Staff in the hotel make it special as everyone bent over backwards to serve. We had a very enjoyable weekend and would recommend it to others. We ate in Cafe Sol Bistro in Kilkenny city on Saturday night and had a great meal

Room Tip: there was a large wedding on Saturday night so our sleep was disturbed by loud wedding guests on the bedroom corridor until early in the morning. Maybe check with reception to see if wedding is booked during your stay
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear MarJulDublin_Ireland ,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Halloween break

CHECK IN
Friendly and efficient staff

ROOMS
Superior family room was large modern and very clean

STAFF
All staff friendly with the exception of one young girl who served in the main bar on the Friday evening. Unlike all other staff she was very poor. A smile, greeting and thank you should be part of her training, or else her p45.

RESTAURANT
Fabulous staff, service and dinner

BAR
Majority good staff.
Good range of beers
Only improvement would be offering sandwiches between 12 and 2.30 in addition to the Carvery. We ate away from the hotel on 2 days because Carvery was the only option.

BREAKFAST
All fine. Only issue I found was that the bacon and sausages were cool each morning in the hot plates

FAMILY CLUB
Excellent family club and mini farm and small playground

LEISURE
Great leisure facilities. Kids loved the small kids pool

There were 2 excellent members of staff. One was a gentleman in the restaurant called Stephen, and another was a pleasant lady who organized for TV to be fixed and asked if all was ok with housekeeping after our kids had been ill.

In all a great family hotel. Just check on the girl in the bar area. She was possibly one of the worst members of staff that I have encountered in a hotel in years. Although, I do stress that staff were fantastic

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear nirishweeman,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel and choosing to stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future, please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Newpark during a 10 day vacation to Ireland. It was the first stop on our trip after arrival in Dublin. We were a little disappointed with the hotel's distance from the city center, but quickly forgot about that as we were greeting by the outstanding reception staff. Our room was forever away from the lobby & not as updated as much of the hotel appeared to be, but it was clean and comfortable, perfectly adequate for what we needed. What made the Newpark stand out for me was breakfast on our first morning. I was still struggling with jet lag so my sister went to breakfast without me. I asked her to bring back a cup of tea and a piece of toast, if possible. Instead she returned with a tray, including a pot of tea, toast & a variety of other items that her waitress insisted I would need to feel better. Even after telling her I was simply tired, the waitress seemed most concerned with my well being. The next morning when we both arrived for breakfast the waitress hugged me and said she was pleased to see that I was feeling better...that was the moment I fell in love with Ireland! It's an amazing country, with breathtaking natural beauty, wonderful castles and history, great beer!, but it's the warmth of the people that is beyond explanation. We also had very positive experiences in the restaurant and pub. Our thanks to the Newpark Hotel for starting our vacation out right!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KPKC07

Dear Kandyce ,

Thank you for posting your recent review, its delightful to hear your enjoyed your experience with us.

I'm trilled the breakfast team welcomed you in our renowned hospitable manner.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to meet you personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This from my 10 year old son Eoin: "Most hotels focus on being posh, but unlike them this hotel focuses on the children and fun. I would recommend it on mid term Halloween because they do creepy cottage @ 2 o clock, don't be fooled by it's name it's great fun. Also they have a mini wildlife farm and a nature walk. I like this hotel because it's unique and great fun for kids of all ages".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Brian M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you and your son Eoin, for your kind words. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay.
The creepy cottage was a great hit with our little friends during mid-term. Its features like this we love providing to make a stay more memorial.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Newpark Hotel to offer our renowned hospitality.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed for 3 nts, bedroom and halls though clean are in need of updating. only used the swimingpool once as it was dirty. breakfast was less than average. on the plus side staff were friendly, and the bar and lobby area was well kept.

Thank you for your review.

I would be delighted to discuss your recent stay with us in more detail.
Please contact me on details below.

Tel: 056 7760500