“newpark hotel”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My sisters took my mother to Newpark Hotel for a weekend recently to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome, given early entry to rooms, everything we asked for was promptly delivered. Rooms were lovely and the hotel itself is well located and very comfortable. the Staff in the hotel make it special as everyone bent over backwards to serve. We had a very enjoyable weekend and would recommend it to others. We ate in Cafe Sol Bistro in Kilkenny city on Saturday night and had a great meal

Room Tip: there was a large wedding on Saturday night so our sleep was disturbed by loud wedding guests on the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear MarJulDublin_Ireland ,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Halloween break

CHECK IN
Friendly and efficient staff

ROOMS
Superior family room was large modern and very clean

STAFF
All staff friendly with the exception of one young girl who served in the main bar on the Friday evening. Unlike all other staff she was very poor. A smile, greeting and thank you should be part of her training, or else her p45.

RESTAURANT
Fabulous staff, service and dinner

BAR
Majority good staff.
Good range of beers
Only improvement would be offering sandwiches between 12 and 2.30 in addition to the Carvery. We ate away from the hotel on 2 days because Carvery was the only option.

BREAKFAST
All fine. Only issue I found was that the bacon and sausages were cool each morning in the hot plates

FAMILY CLUB
Excellent family club and mini farm and small playground

LEISURE
Great leisure facilities. Kids loved the small kids pool

There were 2 excellent members of staff. One was a gentleman in the restaurant called Stephen, and another was a pleasant lady who organized for TV to be fixed and asked if all was ok with housekeeping after our kids had been ill.

In all a great family hotel. Just check on the girl in the bar area. She was possibly one of the worst members of staff that I have encountered in a hotel in years. Although, I do stress that staff were fantastic

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear nirishweeman,

Thank you for posting your review of Newpark Hotel and choosing to stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel in the near future, please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Newpark during a 10 day vacation to Ireland. It was the first stop on our trip after arrival in Dublin. We were a little disappointed with the hotel's distance from the city center, but quickly forgot about that as we were greeting by the outstanding reception staff. Our room was forever away from the lobby & not as updated as much of the hotel appeared to be, but it was clean and comfortable, perfectly adequate for what we needed. What made the Newpark stand out for me was breakfast on our first morning. I was still struggling with jet lag so my sister went to breakfast without me. I asked her to bring back a cup of tea and a piece of toast, if possible. Instead she returned with a tray, including a pot of tea, toast & a variety of other items that her waitress insisted I would need to feel better. Even after telling her I was simply tired, the waitress seemed most concerned with my well being. The next morning when we both arrived for breakfast the waitress hugged me and said she was pleased to see that I was feeling better...that was the moment I fell in love with Ireland! It's an amazing country, with breathtaking natural beauty, wonderful castles and history, great beer!, but it's the warmth of the people that is beyond explanation. We also had very positive experiences in the restaurant and pub. Our thanks to the Newpark Hotel for starting our vacation out right!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KPKC07

Dear Kandyce ,

Thank you for posting your recent review, its delightful to hear your enjoyed your experience with us.

I'm trilled the breakfast team welcomed you in our renowned hospitable manner.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to meet you personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This from my 10 year old son Eoin: "Most hotels focus on being posh, but unlike them this hotel focuses on the children and fun. I would recommend it on mid term Halloween because they do creepy cottage @ 2 o clock, don't be fooled by it's name it's great fun. Also they have a mini wildlife farm and a nature walk. I like this hotel because it's unique and great fun for kids of all ages".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Brian M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you and your son Eoin, for your kind words. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay.
The creepy cottage was a great hit with our little friends during mid-term. Its features like this we love providing to make a stay more memorial.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Newpark Hotel to offer our renowned hospitality.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed for 3 nts, bedroom and halls though clean are in need of updating. only used the swimingpool once as it was dirty. breakfast was less than average. on the plus side staff were friendly, and the bar and lobby area was well kept.

Thank you for your review.

I would be delighted to discuss your recent stay with us in more detail.
Please contact me on details below.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Myself and my husband and 3 little ladies just returned from the most wonderful 4 days in the Newpark... From check in to departure it was all we could have hoped for and more... Room was comfortable (when returning I will book superior).. Breakfast and dinner excellent... Our girls had the most amazing time at the kids club... Arts & crafts, puppet shows , movies and also as it was Halloween they had a creepy cottage where the children got to make chocolate apples and got a little bag of treats... Pool spotless and lifeguard on duty at all times... Outdoor playground small but great and the animal farm was very good... I have to say the staff here are very special... They couldn't do enough for you... Will be returning sooner than I had planned :)

Room Tip: If possible try book a superior room

Dear MON928,

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

I am absolutely thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our kids facilities.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed four nights with two adults and two children. Room was spacious and comfortable. Leisure centre was lovely and the infinity pool was so relaxing. Meals were lovely and ok for value. Cannot fault anything. We went during mid-term and the kids club was great. The kids loved the wildlife farm and marsh walk and playgrounds, shows and films and the falconary experience is one they will always remember. There is so much to do that you need never leave the hotel. The staff cannot do enough and nothing is any trouble. Housekeeping have the place spotless, and not one member of staff walked by without a smile. Kids club staff are lovely and gentle and great with the kids and there is a good ratio of staff to kids. The hotel was full but you would never have guessed as staff had everything under control and rooms are really quiet. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the third floor with a king size bed and two singles. Lovely and spacious an...

Dear E B,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at Newpark Hotel, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our staff; I can assure you they will be very proud.

Its trilling to know you and your kids had a great experience with us.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Newark Hotel again in the future.