“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I thought breakfast was included in the deal I got on one of the many deal websites but it wasn't. I'm sorry but €119 for a room alone and then €12.95 for a full Irish breakfast is largely overpriced in the current economic climate- I went without! The shower was one minute roasting, the next freezing and the pressure gone! The room was uncomfortably hot and stuffy. The reception area and bar were absolutely manic with a wedding and the match-if we wanted to have a quiet drink we couldn't even.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissSunshine902
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear MissSunshine902,

Thank you for your recent review.

Its disappointing to read your of your experience, I can assure you this is not the standard set out for guests to experience while staying in Newpark Hotel.

We appreciate receiving feedback and while your comments are appreciated I can assure you it’s our preference to deliver a consistent level of service to all of our guests while staying here at the Newpark.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in person and I have listed my contact details below for you to do so at a time convenient to your schedule.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night and would have loved to stay for a second but it was fully booked for the weekend. Excellent staff at reception, upgraded our room at check in without us asking. We had lunch in the pub and the food was really good and reasonably priced. Location is a little out of the city centre, about a 20 minute walk. The room is clean, modern and had loads of room for all our bags. The staff in the restaurant were not very friendly, dismissive and rude when we asked to just have dessert at the end of the night and offered us to eat in the pub if we only wanted dessert. Aside from that, the hotel was lovely and I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Danielle D,

Thank you kindly for your recent review on Tripadviser.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed most elements of your stay, however it is disappointing to read of your experience in the restaurant for dinner.
I have shared your reviews with the restaurant team and they are very disappointed by this.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this further and I have listed my contact details below for your reference.

Kind Regards

The Newpark Hotel
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Ok - is how I would describe - that said - perhaps I am not the target market --- the place seems to very much cater to a family with young childern -- IE there is the zoo out back and all. Kids seemed to be everywhere. Rooms were reasonably priced - breakfast was EXCELLENT. Location OK - seemed a bit out of town. Parking could be better was tough to find a close spot. When we arrived there was a wedding reception - going on in the lobby -- thought that to be a bit odd as I had to weed through the guests and band with my luggage to check in but they seemed to be having a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rob O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your overall experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your aspects of your stay.

Please kindly contact me personally to discuss your recent stay and before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Kind Regards

The Newpark Hotel
Castlecomer Road
Kilkenny

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We brought our 3 grandsons here for a weekend in June and had a brilliant time. The rooms were lovely. Great selection at breakfast. Very accommodating at dinner, allowing boys to chose from the bar menu. Theres a lovely pet farm at the back of the hotel with a huge selection of animals and the children were allowed to hold some of the smaller ones. What made the weekend for us was the friendliness of all the staff, particularly Stephen , a duty manager. He never passed by without a word or joke for the boys. They still talk about him. Highly recommend this hotel and we will certainly return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear PaulaI,

I’m delighted that you and your grandsons had such an enjoyable stay with us here at The Newpark.

We certainly appreciate receiving such positive feedback. I have also shared your positive feedback with Stephen Murphy as I know he will be especially proud to have made your stay even more special.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice and have had very differing experiences each time. Each time the staff were great very helpful very welcoming and warm. The level of customer service in this regard is second to none. The room was clean, modern and spacious. However during the night I was woken several times to a banging noise, sounding like some sort of boiler house or pump ( not really sure all I know is it kept me awake!!) and the bed wasn't all that comfortable. However the second night my room was quiet and the bed was much better. Would I stay again? Meh! I really could take it or leave it. It wouldn't be my first choice, the wonderful staff can only do so much for it!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear BeeN,

Thank you for your recent review.

We certainly appreciate receiving feedback and while your constructive comments are appreciated I can assure you it’s our preference to deliver a consistent level of service to all of our guests while staying here at the Newpark.

Ireland
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and found the 3 night connoisseurs package to be excellent - the afternoon tea was fabulous. The food in the hotel was very good and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed the leisure facilities and the wildlife farm.

The lilies in the reception and foyer were beautiful.

The only thing I would have liked (and probably should have asked for it?) was a bathrobe in the superior rooms. I also found the website a little bit difficult to navigate. These are only minor things and would not stop me returning or recommending your hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back overlooking the wildlife farm - we could hear the animals in the morning b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with 2 small children. Great spot for kids. There's two little playgrounds, a petting farm and the pool. There was plenty to keep our 2 and a half yr old busy, the decor in the hotel is a little dated but it didn't matter because when the kids were happy we were happy too! Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013