“Family midweek break”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Myself, my husband and our 10 and 5 year old daughters spent a couple of nights in the Newpark.
Hotel is very child friendly, large reception area, swimming pool, pet farm, kids club (which my kids didn't do - but it looked good)
Staff were very nice, food was quite good. The only fault was that the room was very hot and windows didn't open very far. We did get a fan at reception which was so necessary.

Room Tip: Lots of windows that open...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Gillian R,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

I’m delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable visit and that managed to experience most of the activities available to families this summer.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to The Newpark.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently attended a wedding in the New Park Hotel, Kilkenny and what a great choice the couple had made. The Staff were very friendly and helpful, the venue for the wedding was beautifully decorated and the meal was sensational. However, service was a tad slow as the extra veg arrived halfway thru the meal. I also felt that the bar was a bit over priced. However this did not detract from the wonderful day made possible by an excellent staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Strandlover

Dear Strandlover,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

As you mentioned we certainly do put allot of care and attention into every wedding event here at the hotel and while I appreciate your constructive comments regarding your experience I would certainly welcome an opportunity to discuss them with you in person as this is in no way indicative of our usual level of experience delivered.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great hotel set a little outside the town but within easy walking distance of the centre of town. Plenty of parking spaces for cars.The swimming pool was fab and the infinity outside hot pool was even better. Room was upgraded with a pleasant outlook over the lawn. Staff were friendly and helpful.. Food was good. Everything was good. Enjoyed the animal park at the back.

Room Tip: Rooms At the back are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Edwardm,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I’m delighted that you had an opportunity to experience all of the wonderful facilities available for guests here at The Newpark.

I look forward to personally extending some of the Newpark’s renowned hospitality on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2013

It's midnight at Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny, Ireland and there is a party happening across the courtyard with booming dance music, DJ and screaming people. Trust me, I'm usually one of those people that would roll with the punches. I enjoy having a good time, and I enjoy other people having a good time, but perhaps management should have prepared us for this a bit better or planned accordingly when assigning rooms. I've called down to the front desk and they've informed me that yes, there is a party going on in a conference space that is planned until 1am. There's nothing he can do about it and there's nowhere to move us. They actually knew this would be a complication as he asked me, "Oh, you must be in the what...150 or 250 room areas?" Obviously, this was not a surprise to them. I asked how long the party was to go on (this was now 11:30pm and my 4 year old son was still awake from the noise and asking when it was going to stop.)

We had paid extra to book a family room and ironically, our family could not get any sleep. I was told this would go on until 1am and even if they asked them to turn it down, likely they wouldn't, plus there were no other rooms where they could move me. To make the situation even worse (with the windows closed, there it is still extremely loud - just more muffled). To make matters worse, there is some sort of heat wave going on which means we have to try to sleep with the windows open or just burn up in a pool of sweat (the 8" desk fan they gave us to cool down is not quite cutting it for our whole family- and no, there is no air conditioning here).

I had specifically picked what I thought was a nice, quiet hotel further from the city (as we had just come from 3 days in the heart of Dublin city center) and I thought a nice, more rural hotel outside of the busier Kilkenny area with sprawling grounds and a petting farm might be a nice change. WRONG!

At least tell us when we are checking in to mentally prepare for what was ahead of us, or give us the heads up so we could move to another hotel. After an insane flight riddled with delays and a total lack of sleep, we thought at least this night we'd have some peace and quiet and a night to recover. Just terrible is what it is. We are not party poopers or old, angry travellers. Just 30-somethings with a young child trying to have our first decent vacation since we've had a kid (it's been over 7 years since we've travelled out of the country). Our little guy is super flexible and goes everywhere with us, so he's used to all sorts of sights and sounds but this is really beyond comfort and unfortunately, there is nothing we can do but wait another hour and hope the party wraps up by 1am.

4  Thank MyDestinNation

Dear Mydestination,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that your experience is in no way indicative of our usual level of guest experience here at The Newpark. As a family owned and operated hotel we pride ourselves in catering especially for families and we understand your requirements and the requirements of our younger guests.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in person and I have listed my contact details below for your reference.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with all modern mod-cons, free wifi, friendly staff and excellent service.

The spa and pool facilities, especially the outdoor jacuzzi are amazing.

The hotel boasts beautiful garden areas and is a real gem.

My only complaint is that whilst the double room was €129 for one night, it was €159 inc breakfast. €30 is a bit steep for breakfast.

We will definitely be back

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Celtic-crusader,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

As you mentioned our outdoor infinity pool is certainly a highlight to be enjoyed as part of every stay here at the hotel and I’m glad you had an opportunity to experience it first-hand.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding your room rate and please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to The Newpark.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel with my Family. From the moment we arrived our stay was just wonderful. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, excellent facilities for families and we ate both nights in the bar. Menu choice was very good, food was excellent and the service was very prompt and the staff very friendly. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you are travelling to Kilkeny. On departure the children asked if we could holiday in the Newpark Hotel every other year instead of going to Portugal.

Special thanks to Colette for her attention to detail and wonderful manner, truly a valued employee and looking forward to our return.

1  Thank blueeyesCoKerry
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear blueeyesCoKerry

Thank you kindly for taking the time and effort to share your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Newpark Hotel. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most memorable stay with us recently.
I have also shared your comments with the entire team, especially Collette.

We would be delighted to welcome you back next year.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

The Newpark Hotel
Tel: 056 776 0500

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I found it to be a lovely hotel set a little outside the town. Staff were fab and facilities were good. The food was also lovely as always! :-) I would definitely return and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice business hotel. The car park is also very handy and makes it a bit different in Kilkenny as well. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear FiFiLaSparkle,

Thanks for your lovely review and we appreciate your feedback very much.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the food, facilities and staff.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

I look forward to hearing from you

The Newpark Hotel