Newpark Hotel
Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$215
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$182
$295
$203
$247
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$141
$137
Orbitz.com
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$153
$136
Travelocity
2,130 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is is pleasant hotel. I got good value and good service from friendly staff. I found the food good and well priced. The facilities are very good also, the rooms are comfortable too.

It is a brisk 20 min walk into town from here, which is great as you are away from all the hens and stags that pack this would-be nice town every weekend. That is to say that it's far enough away from the fighting, smell of vomit, litter and noise that comes with the stags and hens. I'm not reviewing the town though.

I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the busy main road
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

When we got to the hotel, it looked very nice from the exterior. Parking was easy and stress-free.
When we walked into the lobby, it also looked very nice and well-kept.
The bistro had good food and a nice atmosphere. The staff was very kind also.
The only thing that I wasn't so impressed about is that there is an older part of the hotel. The bathroom is very dated, and the room is quite dusty. But, for the most part, it was okay.
The strange thing was that there is a part of the hotel where the rooms are renovated and the hallway is very modern, but then you step into the older part of the hotel, and it is like a teleport back in time. Please try to renovate or maybe spruce up the older parts of the hotel!
Overall, our stay was very calm and quiet. I do recommend this hotel to other travelers, but make sure that you know about the older part of the hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the newer part of the hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is fantastic - myself, hubby and 5 month old baby have had a lovely 4 night stay here. As we stayed midweek we got a fantastic price (room only). We booked a classic double and our room is huge - a double bed, a single bed, and a single sofa bed. Our room is in the older part of the hotel so the decor is not as current as the newer end (which you walk through to get to the older end) but still lovely. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have slept on (the mattresses are King Koil so definitely no expense spared).

The leisure facilities are beautiful - lovely quiet pool, the infinity pool is great too. Children's pool a little nippy though especially for baby. The grounds are beautiful and you can see maintenance men tending the gardens - this place is well looked after.

There is a parenting/family room available to use with a microwave, changing area, kitchen, fridge which is so helpful when you need to sterilise bottles, store milk and baby food. I've never come across a hotel that thinks of everything.
The bar serves the most amazing food - we have ended up eating here every night (usually we aren't fans of hotel restaurants), beautifully cooked tasty food and generous servings.
Considering the car park is nearly full, you don't hear a thing in your room so it's a great place to relax.
The children's farm is a great idea - lovely selection of animals for the kiddies (and grown ups like me!) to look at - the pot bellied pigs were very friendly and almost dog-like with their wagging tails when they come over to you!

A 20 minute walk into the town (good for walking off all that lovely food!) but also convenient for car parks in the centre and there is also a Eurospar not too far away if you need supplies.
My only gripe is the bathroom - definitely not 4* standard (perhaps the more expensive rooms are better) the bath hot water has very little pressure so it takes forever to fill the tub and as the shower runs off the tap this makes for a very weak shower. I also took a shower one evening and there wasn't any hot water - although 20 minutes later hubby had a shower and the hot water was back.
All in all, I would recommend this to family and friends - a perfect base to explore Kilkenny and beyond or even just to relax in the spa and eat good food! Next time I'm bringing Granny to help babysit so then hubby and I can enjoy the infinity pool and spa!

I can't wait to come back :-)

Room Tip: The classic rooms are great apart from the bathroom so perhaps consider paying extra for the upgraded rooms. Level 3 was quiet.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in the Newpark for 2 nights. All the staff were very friendly especially Kate in the Bistro. Our 6 year old daughter Medb is still talking about her and cannot wait to go back to see her. From the moment we walked in the door to when we had to leave the interaction with the staff was exceptional. The girls loved the farm and swimming pool. The quality of the breakfast was very good, think rashers which were not salty and it was good to see Irish brands such as Barry's Tea being supported. Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a lovely Hotel, has everything you think you need and then more.
Just minutes from Kilkenny shopping areas, Mc Donagh Junction, etc.
But is a world away for relaxation and comfort.
I loved, that Included in the price, was all the hotel facilities, even the Spa relaxation area and the amazing Infinity pool.
Staff are attentive, not intrusive, and so friendly and willing to engage in conversation, when you ask them ,.
We loved the Pet Farm, and all the facilities for Children.
The Children loved, Toffee & Treacle , the Donkeys, and all the other Animals that are so well taken care of too.
The care and attention to the surroundings, is what I noticed most during my stay, every plant was watered , every animal loved, and given a name, a personality!

In my mind, if Plants and Animals are this well looked after, imagine how the guests feel!
We were so well treated, the food was beautiful and the room had everything you could want.
We never even turned on the T.V. -- we had too much to enjoy!

Room Tip: We had a family room, which was located on floor 3, it was very spacious and I felt far enough away, that we heard no noise, to keep us awake, but we kept no one awake either, with noisy kids. I'd say it was an ingenious system.
1  Thank monamis66