“Wonderful stay in a nice spot.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
“Wonderful stay in a nice spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were at the end of a 2 week trip across Ireland, and needed a place to sleep on the long haul between Kinsale and Dublin. The Newpark looked fine online and was well-priced. When we got there - WOW. Beautiful, open, gracious hotel with large and comfortable rooms. It was a nice bit of unexpected luxury at the end of a long trip. It's a bit off the beaten path, and walking into town took longer than anticipated (20 minutes) so this wouldn't be a place I'd choose to explore nightlife and walk back afterward. Restaurant was mediocre - ok if you're tired and don't want to go out, but nothing of note there. Highly recommended for a comfortable and gracious stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Awindwood
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Awindwood,

I’m delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us here at The Newpark.

I hope your return journey home was a safe and enjoyable one and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ireland and Kilkenny in the near future.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Not a wink of sleep due to a turkey and a pheasant outside the window, not to mention the various hen parties going on....their cackling just added to the noise. There was a charge to print a boarding pass and we needed to leave early so there was no breakfast available which we paid for. Did I mention that as we left in the morning the hallway was littered with broken glass - presumably from all of the 'birds' gone wild.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Threefins,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Newpark hotel.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your review and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in detail at a time convenient to you, I have listed my contact details below.

West Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Newpark Hotel was a lovely hotel and the staff was GREAT! They were very friendly and so helpful. We took a great cycling tour of Kilkenny and the staff at the hotel made sure we knew where we were going and made sure we were all set to go. They really go above and beyond. I would highly recommend staying here, you'll love Kilkenny and you'll love the Newpark hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Miriam,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Hotel and they are extremely proud to have made your stay such a memorable one! I’m delighted also that you had the opportunity to experience some of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Hotel.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lovely hotel with excellent facilities, especially when traveling with a baby. There is a family room with everything you need, a little small animal farm out the back and a wonderful pool which suited both the adults and our little fellow. Staff were really helpful, rooms lovely and the food was excellent. Highly recommend it..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I’m delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and that all of our facilities available for families may your stay more memorable.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Newpark holet is the best by far for people with young children my little girl loved staying there in the day time love the pool and we could not get her away from the farm but when it came to nightime that was when the crying started she want to go home to her own bed the staff seen how upset she was and got her a colouring book and ask what Teddy she would like so they gave her a mickey mouse Teddy for the stay and everything was right with the world we can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Pay that little bit more for the more up to date room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon K
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Hotel and they are extremely proud to have made you and your families stay such a memorable one.

West Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Newpark Hotel recently it was our first stay and certainly won't be our last - it was fantastic from beginning to end! We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon tea on arrival which was perfect and they even made special gluten free options available for me which was a lovely touch - it was delicious I'd highly recommend :) As we were travelling with our little girl she was delighted with the leisure centre - we managed to fit in two visits during our short stay - the staff were very helpful and friendly in both the leisure centre and the hotel - everyone had a friendly hello which is something that is great to see in hotels - it really is a home away from home experience and we had one of the most relaxing stays ever - next time we'll have to stay longer!
Tip: we availed of the hotels picnic basic and headed out for a drive to the local Discovery Park it was fantastic and the picnic was just perfect
Keep up the great work and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Westcorknelly,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I'm delighted that you and your entire family had such a wonderful stay with us and that you had an opportunity to experience the amazing facilities available for families here at The Newpark and throughout Kilkenny city.

I look forward to welcoming you back during summer 2013.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are just back from a last minute break staying in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny with our 3 girls (3.5, 2 and 8 months) and I couldn't recommend it more for young families. The staff were so friendly and obliging throughout and hotel offers every imaginable amenity for those travelling with children including a kids pool, playground, giant chess, petting farm (complete with donkey and pony!!), a baby room with feeding chair, changing table etc, great kids' menu - the list is endless!! Ages since I was so relaxed away with the kids!!! Our room was bright, modern and really spacious despite offering a double bed, 2 twin beds and a cot! We ate in the bistro, restaurant (excellent menu), the bar (carvery) and the bistro and food was very good. Only downside was no air con in the bedroom but probably only because weather was so warm not usually a big issue I'm sure!! Will definitely be heading back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Aisfle,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here and we are extremely proud to have made your stay such a memorable one! I’m delighted also that you had the opportunity to experience some of the wonderful facilities available to families here at the hotel and I hope you can return to experience our new addition this summer 2013.