“Fine hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
New York City
“Fine hotel!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a very large and well-refurbished hotel (and, we suspect, conference center), a mile or so outside of Kilkenny. The staff was very, very pleasant and helpful, the room was nice (although... quibble... There was no thermostat and the room was less warm than we would have liked), the buffet breakfast was excellent, and dinner at the inexpensive bistro was perfectly acceptable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Booklaw,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and yes here at the hotel our facilities allow us to deliver a wide range of services and Im glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here last weekend with a group of friends. Had spa treatments on arrival and our therapist Paula was fantastic. Accommodation, food and service were superb. The farm was even a hit with us girls! The one thing that stood out the most was the warm welcome and customer service. From start to finish it was flawless. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Kilmac2012,

I’m delighted that your Aveda Spa experience was so enjoyable and I have shared your feedback with Paula and her team and they are extremely proud to have made your experience such a memorable one.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We are just after returning from spending a midweek break at the Newpark Hotel Kilkenny, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We made the reservation with Yvonne Guilfoyle O'Brien, being greeted by Colette at reception on arrival, to the restaurant staff, morning and evening, we found them to be very helpful, friendly and thoroughly efficientj. As my wife was on chutches due to an injury, she was offered a wheelchair on arrival. This suggestion was just brilliant, as it made my stay so much more enjoyable and was able to move about with ease. The food was first class, room so spacious and spotlessly clean. We can't wait to make a return visit.
Chris and Mary Conway

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris & Mary

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments with Yvonne and Colette and the entire team here at the hotel as we are all proud to have made your stay so memorable.

Kind Regards,

Dublin
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A few of us make regular trips to far flung locations to celebrate birthdays and the like, Kilkenny was the venue for our most recent trip and following up on some friends recommendations we opted for the Newpark and werent disappointed. Having stayed in many of Kilkennys hotels I can honestly say newpark outshines them all. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable. It has a lavish main entrance equipped with relaxing chairs and a grand piano! not that any of us took the opportunity to see if it was in tune lol. Reception were friendly and accommodating. Our room was lovely and spacious, overlooking the gardens to the back of the hotel. It was well equipped with the usual mod cons you'd expect, what made it real special for us was the Bed - OH MY GOD - we didnt want to leave it, so comfortable - made it feel like a real treat. We had the weekend package so dined in the hotel on the friday night - again a lovely experience - white table cloths and a great selection for a standard evening menu. We awoke the next morning to the sound of donkeys and turkeys in the little animal farm they have to the back of the hotel - it was like being in the countryside but only 20 min walk from the centre of kilkenny so another plus. I managed to make it to the leisure facility the next morning and really enjoyed the outdoor hot springs experience - not to be missed. They do have weddings in the hotel but wherever the function room was it wasnt near the main bar or rooms so again we didnt even notice it was going on. The staff are really nice, of all ages and we were really impressed at how accommodating and friendly they were. We stayed around for lunch on the sunday and were loved the standard of the carvery, excellent beef!

Cant wait to go back...The Wizard

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear The Wizard,

I’m delighted that your experience was everything that you would have expected and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's always a good start when the reception staff are chatty and cheerful so my stay in the hotel started very well. I had a spacious room, clean but of course carrying the cursed 'single supplement' !The health centre is well equipped and the steam room is very comfortable. I was attending a family wedding and I was very impressed by the attentive service to the wedding party. They all felt very special. The only difficulty was the heat of the place. My stay coincided with a rise in the national temperature but the thermostat in the hotel must have been programmed for the recent sub zero nights. I mentioned it on check out and was offered ( and accepted!) a coffee and scone as a gesture by the receptionist.

Room Tip: I was part of a large group and everybody was happy with the rooms throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Spiceloft,

I’m delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyabel stay with us and thank you for bringing such wonderful weather to Kilkenny!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had. Wonderful stay here. It's just a short walk down the hill into town. There is also a lovely spa. The sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi were wonderful after a long flight. Very clean, large and comfortable rooms!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle83MD,

I’m delighted that you had an opportunity to enjoy our Escape Health Club & Spa.

belfast
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked to stay over Easter with our three kids aged 3, 5 and 7. The hotel was excellent, staff were very friendly and helpful. My two older children went to the Kids Club, decorated easter eggs, watched movies, had a talent contest, lots of arts & crafts and there was a manic Easter Egg hunt on the Saturday in the grounds , which we still have some eggs left over from. One of my favourite touches was the delivery from the Easter Bunny on the Saturday night to every room of a litle bag of mini eggs done up in a ribbon.

THe food in the restaurant was top class, the breakfast buffet offered everything and the waiting staff were great with the kids, no one seemed to mind the slight chaos that comes withtaking a small family on holiday. Kilkenny itself is a gorgeous town and I think we will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rslmccay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel and for choosing our hotel for your Easter Family break away.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality, please review our website for the wonderful offers available for families this summer.