“FunPackedEaster” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Galway, Ireland
“FunPackedEaster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed over the bank holiday weekend. I selected the hotel specifically as it advertised a kids club and seemed to have a great selection of activities on offier. We certainly weren't disappointed with the selection of entertainment. My daughter, who is 6 had a ball and can't wait to go back again. The high tea, whilst a bit disorganised particularly on the Sunday evening catered well for the kids in terms of choice. It was on at a good time - it mean't that they had time to play in the kids club and we were able to enjoy a very pleasant meal in the restaurant the first night and the bar the second night. The kids club was well stocked with toys and especially for any children who liked arts and crafts and the girls in charge were very pleasant and helpful.

The Easter activites were very well organised - my daughter liked the excitement of the Easter egg hunt and throughly enjoyed the Willy Wonka experience. The Easter egg hunt was good fun but some of the older kids were going around with 30+ eggs - in some cases, encouraged by parents, who also seemed to be picking up eggs. Perhaps, it might be an idea to have a separate egg hunt for the smaller kids to give them a chance to get a few eggs. She made some new friends over the weekend. We also went to the pool on both of the mornings of our stay. The facilities were immaculately clean.

I would highly recommend the hotel - we had a lovely relaxing weekend and my daughter had a fun-filled weekend with lots of things to do.

Room Tip: We were in a 2nd floor room - it was very quiet despite the volume of people in the hotel.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear MrsSmurf,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to families this Easter. Our willy wonka chocolate experience and Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday were certainly some of the highlights.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a top class hotel every single way you look at it. The staff is overwhelmingly helpful. A big 10 out of 10 for all of them! The facilities are excellent. I would like to mention the infinity pool - just amazing! The food is brilliant - great breakfast selection and high quality dinner menu. Best hotel ever for a family with kids. Cannot recommend it enough and cannot wait to come back!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over Easter weekend. Room was very spacious and quiet. Food also very good, especially breakfast. Location is excellant as you can easily walk to city centre from hotel. Will be back

Room Tip: Executive room is worth paying extra for
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ChrisW,

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one.

Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just back from the newpark, we had a fab time 2 adults + 2 kids ages 7 yrs boy & 6 yrs girl. On arrival the reception staff were so nice giving the kids welcome packs 'Pirate' & 'Princess' both delighted with themselves but best of all two willy wonka golden tickets for sat morning to make & decorate their own Easter Eggs " my son said mammy it was like wonka's factory out of the Old movie" they came back with proper eggs decorated & bags of sweets they were allowed to take. Both two very happy kids = happy parents in turn. The excitement continued Sunday morning 'Easter Egg' hunt only 5 willy wonka bars to be found during egg hunt - our son found one to say he was thrilled understatement, plenty of eggs, bars & sweets to be found. Hotel did a great job to try ensure all kids got something. Food in bar was yum yum Traditional fish & chips especially. Our meal in restaurant was delicious too, breakfast was perfect plenty to choose from & plenty of everything, sunday morning we had to wait for a table staff were brilliant to ensure it was only a short wait. Kids club both kids enjoyed it one playing football & the other doing arts & craft + movie with milk & cookies. Swimming pool kids had a great time. Our room was a deluxe family room big & spacious & very close to stairs & lift, bathroom under floor heating walk-in shower just what u want.

On arrival we were given voucher for Reptile Zoo - we went on our way home - just brilliant kids loved it got to see snakes & touch them, alligators being feed amazing. Kids soft play area too. well worth a visit.

Over all we will definitely b back - we are totally relaxed.

Room Tip: when i booked i asked for a suite but they said not recommend for a family so we got a deluxe room i...
Dear 832suzanneb832,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed over the bank holiday weekend. We found the hotel great for kids, there was so much to do. The pool is fantastic, they have an animal farm which was great for kids.
The kids club was busy with kids but I felt they extra facilities provied like feeding kids separately was excellent. This gave us a chance to dine together, very tasty meal in scotts bar. Excellent Friendly staff.
They kids designed easter eggs with hotel chefs on Saturday morning, another excellent offering from hotel.
Rooms are modern.
Music on in bar on both nights we stayed.
All in all the kids cant wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Petathlone,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available for families this Easter. I hope you have the opportunity to return and experience our new additions for families for summer 2013!.

Athlone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at begining of easter holidays.Staff were so friendly and helpfull especially Isobel on reception and Nicola who served our food in bar.The food was delicious so we eat there again on second evening.All the staff at bar were so friendly and I woud say very welltrained in making guests feel welcomeThe hotel was very busy but at night time you would never know as there wasnt a sound.The bed was so comfortable so I had a great nights sleepHowever the bedroom was a long way from reception.We had continental breakfast and I must say it was as good as I have had in any hotel even as good as radisson in galway.We didnt use the pool so cannot comment on it but it looked nice.It was a 15 mins walk to city centre which was nice as it was a bright crisp day As hotels go I would rate it highly but maybe a bit pricey.I will return

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room closer to reception but it might be noisey
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Petathlone,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark. I have also shared your feedback with the entire team here at the hotel and Isobel and Nciola as they are extremely proud to have made your stay so special.

Swords
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just retured from a break at the Newpark Hotel after staying for the Easter weekend. We have three young boys, and were staying with them and also my parents. I wanted to book a good hotel for the break so we could have "adult" meals in the evening and also somewhere that the kids could relax. We knew that there would be a large number of children descending for the weekend due to the nature of the Easter package, so were well prepared for the number that we encountered. We arrived and were greeted by very friendly reception staff who gave us our keys to the deluxe family and double rooms. We were delighted with every aspect of our accommodation, lovely large rooms with large wet room/bathroom and beauty products.

We took the children to the swings and climbing frame which they enjoyed running around, and also to the small farm area and swimming pool. Granted the Easter Egg hunt was a bit disappointing for my eldest as he saw lots of bigger children passing him with bags full of eggs and he only managed to find one, but thanks to the generosity of a couple of other parents, my youngest managed to "find" two eggs. Luckily the Easter bunny visited the room and left bags of eggs for the boys with their teddies and had also visited the night before, so they were happy all in all.

The staff in the restaurant couldn't have been more helpful, a lady by the name of Elaine stands out in my memory. They bent over backwards finding highchairs, heating food and making sure the boys had exactly what they wanted to eat. Indeed, my Dad can be hard to please at times but he made a point of telling your reception staff how happy he had been with the level of service he had received at the weekend and especially the courteousness of the staff.

As my parents fly to see us from the UK, we are very selective about where we spend out time as it is very limited, but I can say hand on heart that we will be returning to the Newpark in the very near future.

A sure sign that my boys enjoyed their stay, was the fact that one of them was sobbing in the car on the way home as he didn't want to leave.

Dear Am1972swords,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing The Newpark Hotel as your prefferred hotel here in Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and my colleague Elaine Byrne who I knwo is also extremely proud to have made your stay such a memorable one.