“Excellent in every way”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay with my husband,2children 5 & 7 yrs & my parents.We all had a great time.fab hotel all round,staff so helpful & friendly in every department.
They had a kids club as it was the midterm so you didnt realy need to leave the hotel at all,they had so many activities,there is also a little animal farm & a small playground out the back & they are in the process of making walks around the woodland area that should be open for the summer.
The pool & changing rooms were warm & clean, the pool was very busy with lots of families but fine if you have children.The breakfast was excellent,best display & so much choice,hot chocolate,waffles & maple syrup,smoked salmon,fresh fruit & wide selection of breads,& the evening dinner excellent in both the bar & restaurant, couldnt find any fault any where,would def go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Allydennis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you had an opportunity to experience the wonderful facilities we have available for guests.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

On a return visit to the beautiful Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny we were lucky to be upgraded to a suite with our own balcony and hot tub! This really made our stay more enjoyable and relaxing. The hotel has something to offer everyone - it is located near the city centre for those who like to shop or to sample many of the beautiful restaurants and bars in Kilkenny. Although for us, there was no need to leave the hotel as the Newpark has a beautiful restaurant and bar which serves fabulous bar food so there's something for all tastes! The Hotel also has a great leisure centre and spa with an outdoor heated infinity pool. For families, the hotel is currently getting their own farm ready and we believe there is going to also be a new playground constructed, so there's lots to keep the kids & parents entertained! We're looking forward to a return visit with the kids before the summer's out!

2  Thank ValTimMurphy

Dear Val & Tim Murphy

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and our new roof top hot tub experience!

I look forward to welcoming you both back in the summer to experience all the wonderful facilities we have available for families.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Fahey Clan from Clonmel celebrated a very special Birthday last September, in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny, Ireland.
All arrangements were done under the direction of youngest daughter Cathy who liaised with Helen Scully, Function Manager, who took charge of the day from start to finish in a most professional manner.
From arrival, the Fahey, Lalor and Drohan (extended family) were looked after every need, from the oldest (70) to the youngest (3) a total of fourteen enjoyed the hospitality of this family owned establishment. The ambiance top class and the food superb.
We highly recommend this four star Hotel for any occasion especially family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Denis492

Dear Fahey, Lalor and Drohan families,

Thank you for taking the time to review your family occasion with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your families experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark. I have also shared your wonderful feedback with Helen Scully who is especially proud to have made your experience so memorable.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My Wife and I had lunch today 13th. February 2013 and it was excellent. My Wife had Plaice and I had Cod. The Plaice was in a deep fried crumb and with a variety of delicious vegetables topped with homedmade Tartare Sauce. I had Cod topped with a Herb Crust and a Marvellous Spinach sauce which made it so succulent. The Hotel is lovely and bright, cheery and spotlessly clean and the Staff are extremely warm and friendly. The food is served in a Carvery and the Chef was most friendly, efficient and obviously took great pride in his " vocation ". Incidentally, I noticed a catering Lady carrying a tray laden with crockery and cutlery and as she struggled to open a door, a spoon fell off. I was going to walk over and lift the spoon, but before I got to her, she deftly side kicked the spoon under a pot or something and then came back to retrieve it. A quick thinking Lady, who is a credit to the Hotel and Tourism Industry. I hope Manchester United doesn't poach her as she would be a big loss to the Newpark. Many Thanks Newpark - a delight

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Aodhandef,

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch experience with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your wife had such an enjoyable lunch and I have shared your feedback with the entire team who are extremely proud to have made your lunch so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

i stayed here recently for one night and found this hotel great. I have been to Kilkenny several times and this is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. Located about 5 minutes from Kilkenny city centre by taxi and about 5 minutes from the M9. The rooms in this hotel were very comfortable and clean and very good value for money. The hotel bar serves great food also and the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Even though i was staying here with friends the hotel seems very popular with families also. Highly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear jerseygirldublin,

Thank you for sharing your Newpark Hotel experience.

The entire team here at The Newpark are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality to you.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

we stayed nights 2 nights including one dinner for our 38th wedding anniversary and my daughter had contacted them from the usa to book us in for spa treatments the next day which they informed of us on check in and wished us happy anniversary. The hotel staff are excellent from the very young to the not so young !!! They are friendly and cannot do enough for their guests the hotel is spotless clean and is only 10 min walk into Killkenny town which we found really lovely.
The breakfast was very good the hot food could have been hotter but that is the norm with a buffet , the only down point was the evening meal we paid extra for steak which when it arrived was tiny the veg and smash was just plain tasteless the starter and sweet was very nicebut the main was very disappointing , all in all I would recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in larger clean bedrooms and learge bathroom.

Room Tip: there is alovely bar in Killkenny town I think it is the Kiltetly inn nice food and staff

Dear Kate055,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and thank you also for your constructive comments in relation to your dining experience with us, I would be delighted to discuss your experience in person at a time convenient to you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for ages! Myself and my husband stayed at The Newpark in July last year and it was just wonderful. We booked the Newpark Experience package which included 3 nights bed & breakfast, dinner on 1 evening in Campagne, Chocolate on arrival, tours of Kilkenny Castle, free manicure (which I did not get a chance to book as we had so much else going on) & afternoon tea on a day of our choice. We were also really lucky as we got an upgrade to an executive suite which was just fabulous. We loved the pool and the outdoor heated jacuzzi which we visited a few times as it was so peaceful. The hotel itself is very well run by the General Manager, Mark Dunne and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. It is spotlessly clean and the food in the bar and at breakfast was fresh and very tasty. We did not get a chance to have dinner in the restaurant but we will next time we visit as we heard the food was great there too. All in all this is a great hotel and is well suited to families as well as couples. They even have a little pet farm on the grounds to keep kids entertained. We will be back again for sure!

Aisling Lally

Room Tip: Executive Suite with a balcony facing out over the lawn was so peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gnilsia8000
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Aisling,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing us for your visit to Kilkenny in July.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to The Newpark.